Odimont Lc Strip Of 15 Tablets
Odimont-LC tablet is a combination medicine used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic s
ymptoms. It contains two active components - montelukast and levocetirizine. Both the components of this medicine belongs to the antiallergic class of medicines. Odimont lc acts by blocking the release of the chemical substance responsible for producing allergic symptoms. This medicine should be taken at bedtime preferably to oversee the side effect of dizziness. Inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease and are on dialysis, as the use of this medicine in such a condition is not recommended. Some common side effects of Odimont-LC tablets are headache, dry mouth, drowsiness, stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Odimont-LC tablet.
|You Save||₹45.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Headache, Dry mouth, Sleepiness|
- Migron L Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 225.00₹ 157.509.12% CHEAPER₹ 15.75/Tablet
- Montu L TabletBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.00₹ 147.0015.18% CHEAPER₹ 14.7/Tablet
- Montewok Lc TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 217.00₹ 151.9012.35% CHEAPER₹ 15.19/Tablet
- Levozet M TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 56.0067.69% CHEAPER₹ 5.6/Tablet
- Montas L TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.00₹ 138.5520.02% CHEAPER₹ 13.86/Tablet
- Moncel Lc TabletBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.00₹ 100.8041.83% CHEAPER₹ 10.08/Tablet
- Delcon Lm Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Veritaz Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.5046.05% CHEAPER₹ 9.35/Tablet
- Montokast Lc Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sanral Pharma Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.5046.05% CHEAPER₹ 9.35/Tablet
- Alocet M TabletBy Viilbery Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.00₹ 73.9557.36% CHEAPER₹ 7.39/Tablet
- Relemon Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Resilient Cosmeceuticals Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 76.0056.15% CHEAPER₹ 7.6/Tablet
Uses of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Contraindications of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine, cetirizine or any other component of the Odimont-LC tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or you are undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blocked or a runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
Precautions and Warnings of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- A component of the Odimont-LC tablet passes into human breast milk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother....
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- Odimont-LC tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Directions for Use of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Storage and disposal of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- Symptoms of an overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes, which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Interactions of ODIMONT LC STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Odimont-LC tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for fits (like phenytoin), anxiety, tuberculosis such as rifampicin etc.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can Odimont-LC tablet worsen it?
Q: Can I take the Odimont-LC during an asthma attack?
Q: Is Odimont-LC tablet a steroid?
Q: Can Odimont-LC tablet be used for cough?
Q: Odimont LC vs Montek Lc, which is better?
Q: How many days can Odimont LC be taken?
Q: Is Odimont LC an antibiotic?
Q: Is Odimont LC good for cold and cough?
Q: Can we take Odimont LC daily?
Q: What are the contents present in Odimont LC?
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 8 April 2022]
- MTnL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 April 2022]