Mitocent 7.5mg Tablets
Mitocent 7.5 MG Description
Mitocent tablet is a prescription medicine used to manage all types of depression. It has a single active ingredient, Mirtazapine. It is an antidepressant medication. The mode of action of Mitocent t
ablets is to help in modulating the levels of specific chemical messengers that regulate mood and improve behaviour. Managing the symptoms of major depressive disorder in adults such as restlessness, stress, fear, irritability, loss of interest, etc., is the main use of Mitocent tablets. When used in moderate amounts, this medicine does not cause addiction. However, there may be physical dependency (symptoms occur when the medicine is not taken) in people using Mitocent tablets for a long time. This medication is not approved for use in children. There are a few side effects of Mitocent tablets, such as sleeplessness, constipation, low sex desire, etc., but they typically do not require medical attention. However, if they persist, consult a doctor. The Mitocent tablets are to be used with caution as they tend to cause changes in mood and suicidal thoughts. Do not suddenly stop using this medicine; this can cause withdrawal symptoms like irritation, sweating, low heart rate, vomiting, etc.
|You Save||₹7.56 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||All types of depression|
|Side effects||Constipation, Changes in appetite or weight, Weakness or tiredness, Dizziness or lightheadedness, Decreased ability to concentrate or remember things, Dry mouth, Changes in sexual desire or ability|
Uses of Mitocent 7.5 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Mitocent tablets are antidepressant medicines used to manage all types of depression.
Contraindications of Mitocent 7.5 MG
Side effects of Mitocent 7.5 MG
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Weakness or tiredness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Decreased ability to concentrate or remember things
- Dry mouth
- Changes in sexual desire or ability
Precautions and Warnings of Mitocent 7.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are over 65 years; slow metabolism in older persons increases the risk of side effects of Mitocent tablets.
- You take herbal or Ayurvedic products or supplements; some of these can cause adverse effects when combined with Mitocent tablets.
- You experience mood changes or thoughts of self-harming. Seek medical help immediately.
- You have planned for a surgery or a dental procedure.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have a heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You are using medicines that increase serotonin levels.
Mode of Action of Mitocent 7.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mitocent 7.5 MG
- Take the Mitocent tablet exactly in the prescribed dose and the duration.
- Try to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water; do not break or chew it.
- You can take Mitocent tablets with or without food.
- Do not use this medicine if its packaging is already open or damaged.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Mitocent medication, as it can have side effects.
- Do not increase the dose of Mitocent tablets, even if you do not notice its effects.
- It's better not to take it with other medicines without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Mitocent 7.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Mitocent tablets along with other antidepressant medications such as linezolid, diazepam, fluoxetine, etc., can cause severe reactions.
- Using high doses of opioid painkillers, such as tramadol, with Mitocent tablets can cause extreme drowsiness and other side effects.
- Combining Mitocent tablets with blood thinners like aspirin, warfarin, etc., can increase the risk of abnormal bleeding. Monitor INR (test for bleeding) while using them.
- Inform your doctor if you are using certain antibiotics, HIV medicines, etc., before starting your Mitocent regime.
- Cimetidine can increase the levels of Mitocent tablets, which can cause side effects.
- The Mitocent tablets can interact with many other medicines. Inform your doctor of all current treatments and medication before taking Mitocent tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid grapefruit and its juice as it can increase the levels of this medicine in the body and cause side effects.
- Also, try to avoid too much coffee or caffeine-related products and drinks. It can interfere with the effects of this medicine. It can also increase serotonin levels in the body, which can lead to severe side effects....
Storage and disposal of Mitocent 7.5 MG
Dosage of Mitocent 7.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do Mitocent tablets cause addiction?
Q: What should I do if the side effects of Mitocent tablets persist for more than a few weeks?
Q: Can I give Mitocent tablets to children?
- Mirtazapine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- FREMERON® (mirtazapine) tablets, for oral use. REMERONSOLTAB® (mirtazapine) orally disintegrating tablets. Initial U.S. Approval: 1996. accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- EV; ASAL. A review of the pharmacological and clinical profile of Mirtazapine [Internet]. CNS drug reviews. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Mirtazapine [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 14].