Mimistol Kit Description
Mimistol Kit is a combination therapy. It contains two medications called mifepristone and misoprostol. Mimistol Kit is used for terminating a pregnancy not greater than 63 days after the first day o
f the last menstrual period. Mifepristone is a synthetic steroid that has an anti-hormone action. It works against the hormone needed to continue the pregnancy (progesterone) by blocking its effects. Misoprostol increases the contraction of the womb and helps to expel the pregnancy. The combination of the two medications is therefore used to terminate a pregnancy. It has to be used one after the other to allow for the maximum feasibility of the success of the treatment. It is essential that the patient is aware of the risks involved and the mandatory follow-up visit requirement within 14 to 21 days after the treatment with the Mimistol Kit. Special precautions and care should be afforded to patients suffering from blood disorders with decreased clotting ability (hypocoagulability) or anaemia.
|You Save||₹82.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mifepristone + Misoprostol|
|Uses||Termination of pregnancy (intrauterine) of no more than 63 days after the first day of the last menstrual period using medication.|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, lower abdominal cramping, diarrhoea, heavy bleeding, light to moderate stomach cramps.|
|Therapy||DRUGS ACTING ON UTERUS|
Uses of Mimistol Kit
- The medicine usually helps terminate the pregnancy (intrauterine) of no more than 63 days after the first day of the last menstrual period using medication.
Contraindications of Mimistol Kit
Side effects of Mimistol Kit
- Side effects(List) of Mimistol Kit
- Lower abdominal cramping.
- Heavy bleeding.
- Light to moderate stomach cramps.
Precautions and Warnings of Mimistol Kit
Other General Warnings
- You have severe kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe liver disease or liver failure
- If you suffer from symptoms of less than optimal nutrition (malnutrition) or anaemia
- You have ever had heart valve replacement or an episode of infective heart disease
- You have or are at risk for high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels
- You have undergone genital circumcision or genital cutting
- Your blood group is rhesus negative
Mode of Action of Mimistol Kit
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mimistol Kit
- Mifepristone is taken orally with a glass of water in a single dose. If you vomit after taking mifepristone, immediately inform the physician
- An appropriate dose of misoprostol is given vaginally in a single dose, 36 to 48 hours after the mifepristone
- Empty your bladder and clean your hands thoroughly before inserting the misoprostol vaginal tablets
- Misoprostol vaginal tablets may be given by the physician or the patient herself
- The tablets should be pushed as far as possible into the vagina using the fingers
- The patient should lie down for at least 30 minutes after placing the vaginal tablets
Interactions of Mimistol Kit
Interactions with other medicines
- Medications used to treat asthma or inflammation such as corticosteroids (dexamethasone)
- Immunosuppressants such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus, sirolimus, everolimus
- Pain medications such as alfentanil, fentanyl
- Medications for migraine (ergotamine)
- Antiepileptics or medications used for the treatment of seizures (phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine)
- Antifungal medication such as ketoconazole, itraconazole
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, rifampicin
- Antacids that contain magnesium
- Quinidine (medication to help with regularising heartbeat)
- Possibly some medications used for general anaesthesia
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice or grapefruit after treatment as it may cause adverse effects
Storage and disposal of Mimistol Kit
Dosage of Mimistol Kit
- As it is administered in a single dose, overdose has not been seen. However, in a suspected overdose, signs of toxicity should be treated immediately, and the doctor should be contacted. Dexamethasone may need to be administered....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Mimistol kit be used by teenagers?
Q: What can I expect after using the Mimistol Kit?
- There may be continuous bleeding for a few days (10 to 21 days) after use of the medication, which may sometimes need additional intervention or treatment. It is essential to keep the follow-up appointment after using the medication to ensure the complete success of the termination of the pregnancy. Please seek medical consultation for any questions or concerns....