Mahacef 1gm Injection
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mahacef 1 G Description
Mahacef 1gm Inj is an antibiotic.
|You Save||₹23.25 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Ceftriaxone(1.0 G)
Uses of Mahacef 1 G
Mahacef 1gm Inj uses include the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, sinus, urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat ( tonsillitis), chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
Contraindications of Mahacef 1 G
Do not take this medication if you are allergic to cefixime, cephalosporin antibiotics (including penicillin) or any other ingredients in this medicine.
Side effects of Mahacef 1 G
- Common Mahacef 1gm Inj side effects include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, itching or skin rash, vaginal discharge, and headache.
- Some of the serious side effects include, allergic reactions - rash, joint pain, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of the lips or tongue. In such cases, rush to the hospital immediately; yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice), fatigue and loss of appetite suggesting liver damage; worsening of diarrhoea or bloody stools; less urination and swelling of legs suggesting kidney damage; fever, sore throat, bleeding gums; convulsions; blistering or bleeding of the skin near the lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals (a serious condition called as ‘Stevens-Johnson’ syndrome); skin rash with a pink/red ring and a pale centre, which may be itchy, scaly or filled with fluid. These may appear on palms or soles of the feet. These could be signs of a serious allergic reaction to the medicine called ‘erythema multiforme’; severe watery continuous diarrhoea along with fever (pseudomembranous colitis)....
Precautions and Warnings of Mahacef 1 G
Can I take Mahacef 1gm Inj during pregnancy?
This medication should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your physician.
Can I take Mahacef 1gm Inj while breastfeeding?
It is not known whether Mahacef 1gm Inj passes into human milk. Consult with the doctor before taking it while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mahacef 1gm Inj?
If you experience any side effects like fits, confusion or diminished alertness, do not drive or use any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Mahacef 1gm Inj?
There are no known interactions between alcohol and Mahacef 1gm Inj
Mode of Action of Mahacef 1 G
Mahacef 1gm Inj controls the growth of bacteria and kills them.
Interactions of Mahacef 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
Inform your physician if you are taking any antacids like cimetidine or ranitidine as they may decrease the absorption of the medicine and if you are on blood-thinning medicines such as warfarin
Interactions with food items
There are no negative interactions of cefixime with food. In fact, it is advisable to take cefixime along with meals, or within half an hour of having a meal.
Storage and disposal of Mahacef 1 G
Mahacef 1gm Inj should be stored at room temperature, and kept away from moisture, sunlight and heat.
Dosage of Mahacef 1 G
Overdose can lead to nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, and diarrhoea. If this happens, seek medical care immediately.
If you missed a dose of Mahacef 1gm Inj take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to the regular Mahacef 1gm Inj dosage schedule. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I pass on to my healthcare provider before taking Mahacef 1gm Inj?
- Give detailed information about your medical and surgical history.
- Inform your physician if you have any liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, lactating or planning a pregnancy.
Q: Are there any specific instructions for the storage of this medicine?
A: Mahacef 1gm Inj should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture, sunlight and heat.
Q: What will I experience after getting administered with Mahacef 1gm Inj?
A: You might experience soreness at the site of injection administration. If your doctor approves, you can take a pain-killer. Try moving your arm around to reduce the swelling and pain.
Q: Can I eat and drink before taking the /going for the Mahacef 1gm Inj injection/infusion?
A: Follow your doctor’s instructions on meal timings and fluid consumption before taking the injection.
Q: How will the doctor administer Mahacef 1gm Inj?
A: The doctor gives a shot into a vein or muscle.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you