Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
By PFIZER LTD
1.5g Powder For Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection contains a combination of two antibiotics sulbactam and cefoperazone as an active ingredient. It is used to treat infections associated with the respiratory system, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, etc. The medicine will be given to you at a hospital under the medical supervision of the doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject.
Uses of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection is used to treat severe and serious bacterial infections like respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, skin and soft tissue infection, joint and bone infection, uterus and ovaries.
Contraindications of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
You may have an allergy to sulbactam, cefoperazone or other antibiotics of Penicillins and Cephalosporin class or other ingredients of Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection.
Side effects of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
- Loose stools
- Pain and tenderness at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
It is safe to take the injection during pregnancy?
No information is available about the safety of Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection during pregnancy. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant, the doctor will tell you about the use of the medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the injection while breastfeeding?
The components of Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection pass into breast milk, inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding. It will be advised by the doctor if the medication should be used during lactation or not.
Can I drive after taking Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection?
It is not expected that Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection will affect the ability to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol along with Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection?
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection as it causes reactions like flushing, sweating, headache or fast heartbeats.
- Avoid alcohol for at least five days after the last dose of the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after taking Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection.
- You may have a history of severe allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You may have diseases related to the liver and kidney.
- Taking blood-thinning medicines.
- You may suffer from diarrhoea when on treatment or even after discontinuing treatment.
- You may notice abnormal bleeding.
Mode of Action of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
How Does It Work?
Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection kills the bacteria responsible for infections. Bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which destroys cefoperazone. Sulbactam inactivates the enzyme and helps cefoperazone to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection will be given in a hospital by the doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject the medicine.
Interactions of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection works or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions.
- Medicines or solutions containing ethanol causes flushing, sweating, headache and increased heartbeat.
- Taking an antibiotic from the aminoglycoside class, it is advisable to monitor kidney functions regularly.
- Medicine used for the treatment of gout (Probenecid).
Storage and disposal of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
- Store Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection below 25°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children.
- Discard the unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Magnex Forte 1.5gm Inj
Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. It is less likely that you may get an overdose of the medicine. If you experience the symptoms right after taking the injection, seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse on when Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection should be given to you. Thus fewer chances of missing a dose. If the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am an alcoholic. Can I take Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection along with alcohol?
A: No, avoid alcohol if you have taken the medicine. It is advisable not to drink alcohol after taking the medicine at least for a week as it causes side effects like sweating, flushing, headache or a fast heartbeat.
Q: What is the use of Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection?
A: Magnex Forte 1.5gm injection is used to treatment of severe and serious bacterial infections like respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, skin and soft tissue infection, joint and bone infection, uterus and ovaries.
- ZOSUL Injection (Cefoperazone Sodium + Sulbactam Sodium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Magnex injection - (Sulbactam Sodium/Cefoperazone Sodium 1:1) [Internet]. Pfizerindia.com. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- SULBACIP I.V. Injection (Sulbactam sodium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 11 Jun 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved