Lutica Oint 10gm
Lutica 0.05 % Description
Lutica Ointment is a topical steroid Ointment preparation. It contains fluticasone as its active ingredient. Lutica Ointment is used to alleviate the symptoms of various skin diseases like dermatitis
and eczema-like redness, swelling and itching. Wash your hand before and after applying the Ointment. Apply this Ointment as advised by your treating doctor for the prescribed duration. Avoid the medicine to treat other skin conditions than prescribed by the doctor. Lutica Ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Lutica 0.05 %
Contraindications of Lutica 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to fluticasone or any other ingredients of Lutica Ointment.
- If you have any infection or infected skin.
- If you have acne or pimples, skin redness near or on the nose, rash around your mouth, itching or itchy skin.
- If your child is less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Lutica 0.05 %
Precautions and Warnings of Lutica 0.05 %
Other General Warnings
- You have a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You are applying this Ointment under an airtight dressing.
- You are using this Ointment for a chronic leg ulcer.
- You are applying it near the eyes or eyelids or on the face.
- You have any type of skin infection.
- You are applying the Ointment on a larger surface area, broken skin or under skin folds.
- You have had an allergic reaction in the past with some other steroid medicine.
- Your skin condition has not improved after using Lutica Ointment.
- You should avoid continuously using this Ointment for a prolonged time in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Lutica 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lutica 0.05 %
- Lutica Ointment is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid using this Ointment on large areas of your body for a prolonged time.
Interactions of Lutica 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Lutica Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infection) should be used with caution along with Lutica Ointment.
Storage and disposal of Lutica 0.05 %
Dosage of Lutica 0.05 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Lutica Ointment an antibiotic?
Q: Does Lutica Ointment lighten the skin?
Q: Can Lutica be applied on the face?
- Cutivate Cream 0.05% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Cutivate Cream 0.05% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]