Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml Description
Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application is a topical antiseptic that is used to treat & prevent infections in minor wounds or cuts. It provides infection protection against a variety of germs that can ca
se infection in minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. It contains povidone-iodine as its active ingredient. A person with a known allergy to povidone-iodine should not use this medicine. Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application is meant for external use and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
Contraindications of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
- If you are allergic to Povidone Iodine or any other ingredient of Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application
- If you have a thyroid problem such as goiter or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease).
- If you are taking a medicine containing Lithium, used for the treatment of a brain-related disorder.
Side effects of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
Precautions and Warnings of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
- Lactating mothers should avoid the use of Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application as it can increase the levels of iodine in breastmilk and cause thyroid-related disorder in a breastfed infant.
- Although it is minimally absorbed through intact adult skin, lactating mothers' exposure should be minimized by using it for a short duration in the smallest possible area and in a lower concentration....
Other General Warnings
- You experience allergies or skin reactions after using this Liquid For Skin Application, discontinue the treatment and talk yo your doctor.
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You are going for any routine lab test for thyroid, as this medicine may affect the results.
- Do not use in eyes or areas near eyes or any sensitive area of your skin.
- This Liquid For Skin Application should not be used for the prolonged duration on larger skin areas.
- Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application should not be used for children below two years of age.
- It should not be used on eyes and for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
- Use Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application as directed by your doctor.
- Gently clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Liquid For Skin Application.
- Apply a small amount of this medicine to the affected area.
- Let dry and cover with a sterile bandage if required.
Interactions of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
- Store Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lakdine 5% Solu 500ml
- Since Lakdine Liquid For Skin Application is meant only for external applications, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess Liquid For Skin Application with a clean tissue or cotton....
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.