Labicef 200mg Tab
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Labicef Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Labicef Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections....
Uses of Labicef 200 MG
- Labicef Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Labicef 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Labicef Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Labicef 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Labicef 200 MG
Can I take Labicef Tablet during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety information available during pregnancy, Labicef Tablet should not be used during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Labicef Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether Cefixime passes into the breastmilk. Hence, it is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with Labicef Tablet. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Labicef Tablet?
Labicef Tablet can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits. If you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Labicef Tablet?
No information is available on the interactions of Labicef Tablet when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects of this medicine and delay the recovery from infection. Thus, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this antibiotic.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Labicef Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Labicef Tablet.
Mode of Action of Labicef 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Labicef Tablet works by inhibiting the growth of the cell wall of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Labicef 200 MG
- Labicef Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Labicef 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Labicef Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Labicef Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Labicef 200 MG
- Store Labicef Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Labicef 200 MG
Seek medical care immediately in case you happen to take too much of Labicef Tablet. This medicine may cause a risk of encephalopathy (damage to your brain) if taken in large quantities.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Labicef Tablet, then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Labicef Tablet for fever and cold?
A: No, Labicef Tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Labicef Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you must not stop taking Labicef Tablet even if you feel better or symptoms of the infections go away. Complete the entire course of this medicine to avoid antibiotic resistance and effective treatment of infection.
Q: Can I take Labicef Tablet if I have flu?
A: No, Labicef Tablet is an antibiotic medicine and not effective against flu, which is usually caused by a virus.
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Labicef Tablet?
A: Antibiotics sometimes can affect the normal bacterial flora of the colon, along with acting on harmful bacteria. Some of these good bacteria play an important role in digestion and absorption and affecting them can alter these processes. This is why you experience diarrhoea with antibiotic treatment.
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.