Labetol Injection 4ml
Labetol 20 MG Description
Labetol Injection contains Labetalol as an active ingredient. It is a blood pressure lowering medicine used for the management of hypertensive emergency. Hypertensive emergency is a condition where t
he blood pressure is so high that it could damage an organ. Therefore, an immediate reduction in blood pressure is required to prevent possible organ damage. Labetol Injection works by relaxing the smoooth muscles of blood vessels that leads to reduction in blood pressure and improved blood flow. It can reduce the chances of getting future heart attack, stroke and complications associated with high blood pressure by improving the blood pressure. Apart from taking this medicine on time regularly making certain lifestyle changes, healthy diet choices and regular excercise can be an added benefit in controlling blood pressure better.
Uses of Labetol 20 MG
Contraindications of Labetol 20 MG
Side effects of Labetol 20 MG
- Mood swings
- Tingling sensation in scalp
- Swollen ankle
- Rashes and rashes
- Failure of bladder to hold or void urine
- Ejaculation related disorders
- Erectile dysfunction
- Heart failure
Precautions and Warnings of Labetol 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney problems or experience any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have poor blood circulation e.g. Raynauds disease, as Labetol Injection may worsen the symptoms.
- You have or ever had the skin condition psoriasis (red scaly patches on the skin).
- You are an elderly with over 65 years of age.
- You are supposed to undergo a surgery and will be given an anaesthetic; tell your doctor, dentist or hospital staff.
- You need to have cataract surgery and are taking or have previously taken a medicine called tamsulosin.
- You have diabetes as the symptoms of low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia) such as shaking and a racing heartbeat, may be masked by this medicine.
- This medicine may alter the dignosis test results, hence tell your doctor or pathologist about your current medication regime.
Mode of Action of Labetol 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Labetol 20 MG
- Labetol Injection will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor/nurse.
- Please follow any after care instructions given by your doctor.
- You should avoid sitting upright for three hours after being given this Injection as you may feel very dizzy and lightheaded.
- If you feel uneasy or experience any side effects after taking this injection inform your doctor immediately.
Interactions of Labetol 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for the treatment of brain related disorders such as Amitriptyline and other similar medicines can lead to significant drop in blood pressure and can also cause tremors.
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines if taken along with Labetol Injection can lead to sinificant drop in blood pressure.
- Concurrent use of medicines used to treat an abnormal heart rhythm verapamil, diltiazem, digoxin, quinidine, amiodarone, disopyramide should be avoided.
- Clonidine a medicine used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) should not be taken along with Labetol Injection and if starting Labetalol treatment, your clonidine should be stopped slowly.
- Adrenaline injections should not be taken while taking this medicine.
- Labetol Injection can enhance the blood glucose lowering action of certain antidiabetics and mask the sign of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Other medicines such as certain painkillers, antimalarials, migraine medicines, medicines used to treat impotency, brain related disordersand acid reducers should be used cautiously.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbals if you are taking should be informed to your doctor to avoid any possible interactions.