Koolistin 1miu Injection
Koolistin 1 MIU Description
Koolistin Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of certain types of severe bacterial infections. It contains colistin (also called polymyxin E or colistimethate) as its mai
n component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Koolistin 1 MIU
Contraindications of Koolistin 1 MIU
Side effects of Koolistin 1 MIU
- Injections site reaction
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Koolistin 1 MIU
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your kidneys
- You have asthma
- You are suffering from a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of skin called porphyria
Mode of Action of Koolistin 1 MIU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Koolistin 1 MIU
- Koolistin Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Koolistin 1 MIU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Koolistin Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antibiotics, muscle relaxants, medicines to treat a condition called myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness).
Storage and disposal of Koolistin 1 MIU
- Store Koolistin Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Koolistin 1 MIU
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Koolistin Injection?
Q: What is the use of Koolistin Injection?
- Colomycin 2 million International Units (IU) Powder for solution for injection, infusion or inhalation - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Colomycin 2 million International Units (IU) Powder for solution for injection, infusion or inhalation - - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]