Kion 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
K Ion 10 MG Description
K-Ion 10 tablet contains nicorandil as an active ingredient. It is used to prevent & treat chest pain that is related to the heart. Take this medicine only after consulting the doctor. It should be t
aken in dose and duration as prescribed. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it or have any heart diseases. This medicine is not recommended in children. You may experience side effects like headaches, nausea, vomiting, redness of the skin, etc. You should contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens.
Uses of K Ion 10 MG
Contraindications of K Ion 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Nicorandil or any other components of K-Ion 10 tablet
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are suffering from any heart problems
- If your doctor has told you that you have a build-up of fluid in your lung
- If you are taking medications like vardenafil, sildenafil, etc. to treat impotency or riociguat to treat a lung disease
Side effects of K Ion 10 MG
- Skin redness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
- Blurred vision, stomachache, low blood pressure (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of K Ion 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from some heart condition.
- You have problems with your kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You have a low blood potassium level and are on medications for it.
- You notice red, itchy, swollen eyes, experience mouth ulcers, blood in your stools or vomit, etc. after taking K-Ion 10 tablet.
- K-Ion 10 tablet is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of K Ion 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of K Ion 10 MG
Interactions of K Ion 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting K-Ion 10 tablet.
- This medicine should not be used simultaneously with medicine like sildenafil, vardenafil (used to treat sexual problems in men), riociguat (used in lung and heart diseases) as it may lead to a serious drop in blood pressure....
- This medicine may alter the effects of certain medicines like captopril (used in heart diseases), Amitriptyline (used to treat mental health) when used concomitantly.
- Medicines like dapoxetine (used in men to treat sexual problems), prednisone (used in asthma) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- This medicine when taken concomitantly along with painkillers like acetylsalicylic acid, naproxen, ibuprofen may increase the risk of complications like bleeding, ulcers in the stomach, and intestines. ...
- You need to be very cautious when taking this medicine along with other medicines that may increase your potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of K Ion 10 MG
Dosage of K Ion 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take K-Ion 10 tablet?
Q: Can I take K-Ion 10 tablet if I am pregnant?
Q: What are the side effects of K-Ion 10 tablet?
Q: Do I have to take K-Ion 10 tablet with or without food?
Q: Can K-Ion 10 tablet be used in children?
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]
- CDSCO - Nicorandil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]
- Nicorandil [Internet]. Lhch.nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]
- Nicorandil - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]