Kabipem 100mg Injection
Kabipem 100 MG Description
Kabipem Powder For Infusion is an anti-cancer medication containing pemetrexed as its main component. It is used in the treatment of lung cancer. This medicine will be given to you in hospital or cli
nic by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Kabipem 100 MG
Contraindications of Kabipem 100 MG
- If you are allergic to pemetrexed or any of the ingredient of Kabipem Powder For Infusion
- If you are a breastfeeding mother
- If you have taken or are about to take a vaccine against yellow fever
Side effects of Kabipem 100 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Indigestion, constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection
- Fatigue, dizziness, loss of appetite
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Pain, swelling, sores in the mouth
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Kabipem 100 MG
- Kabipem Powder For Infusion should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment & for about 6 months after stopping the treatment.
Other General Warnings
- You had or still have problems with your heart or kidneys
- You had or are scheduled to have radiation therapy
- You have been vaccinated recently
- You have a condition of fluids accumulated around the lungs
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age
Mode of Action of Kabipem 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Kabipem 100 MG
Interactions of Kabipem 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Kabipem Powder For Infusion works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicine such as painkillers, blood thinners, water pills, cyclosporin, probenecid, penicillin or you have taken an live vaccines.
Storage and disposal of Kabipem 100 MG
- Store Kabipem Powder For Infusion under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Kabipem 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Kabipem Powder For Infusion?
Q: What is the use of Kabipem Powder For Infusion?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Pemetrexed SUN 500 mg powder for concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Pemetrexed SUN 500 mg powder for concentrate for solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]