K One Strip Of 10 Tablets
K One 200 MG Description
K One Tablet is an anti-fungal medicine containing Ketoconazole as its active ingredient. It is used in treating serious fungal infections. It should only be used when other medicines have not been e
ffective in treating the infection. Take K One 200 mg tablet as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed for by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, preferably after with food. Do not use it if you have fungal nail infections. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and about your detailed medical history before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹8.85 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of K One 200 MG
Contraindications of K One 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Ketoconazole or any other ingredients of K One Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any other similar medicines (an antifungal medicine).
- If you are suffering from any liver problems.
- If you are suffering from heart problems like irregular heartbeats and are on medications (like quinidine, pimozide, cisapride, etc) for the same.
- If you are taking medicines like simvastatin (used to lower blood cholesterol), ergotamine (used in migraine attacks), eplerenone (used in heart problems), midazolam (used in psychiatric illness).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of K One 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, itching
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, weakness (uncommon)
- Hair loss (uncommon)
- Allergic reactions like redness, swelling, chest pain, breathing difficulty (can rarely also be serious)
Precautions and Warnings of K One 200 MG
- K One Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
- K One Tablet should not be taken while breastfeeding as Ketoconazole passes into breastmilk.
- It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Other General Warnings
- You or any of your family member has any heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm, congenital long QT syndrome.
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have a condition called adrenal insufficiency.
- You have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol.
- You suffer from an autoimmune disorder like Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc.
- K One tablet is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of K One 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of K One 200 MG
- K One tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It may be taken with your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not discontinue taking the tablet without consulting a doctor.
Interactions of K One 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- K One Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- K One Tablet should not be concomitantly used along with some medicines that lower your blood cholesterol (like simvastatin), some medicines that are used to treat your heart problems (like eplerenone, felodipine), medicines that are used to treat your mental health problems (like quetiapine, sertindole). ...
- K One Tablet should also not be used simultaneously along with medicines used for the allergies (like mizolastine), medicines used in migraine attacks (like ergometrine, ergotamine), medicines used in cancer (everolimus), medicines used to treat HIV infection (like saquinavir/ritonavir, saquinavir), medicines used in kidney problems (like colchicine, fesoterodine), medicines used in treating your infections (like clarithromycin)....
- Avoid taking antacids or other medicines to treat acid indigestion like aluminium hydroxide for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Keep a gap of at least 2 hours after taking antacids or other medicines to treat acid indigestion like aluminium hydroxide and this medicine.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin along with K One tablet can increase the risk of bleeding. Thus, it should be cautiously used.
Storage and disposal of K One 200 MG
- Store K One 200 mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of K One 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the K One Tablet?
- K One Tablet is used to treat serious fungal infections like:
- Blastomycosis: a fungal infection caused by Blastomyces.
- Coccidioidomycosis: Also called Valley fever, a fungal infection caused by Coccidioides.
- Histoplasmosis: a fungal infection caused by Histoplasma.
- Chromomycosis: long term fungal infection of the skin.
- Paracoccidioidomycosis: a fungal infection caused by Paracoccidioides.
Q: How can we prevent fungal infections?
- Fungal infections can be prevented by practising good personal hygiene habits.
- Avoid sharing clothes, towels, and undergarments with other people.
- Wear clean and fresh clothes and avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
- After bathing or swimming, clean and dry the body using a fresh towel.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public places and wash your feet after removing shoes.
- Stay away from animals showing signs of fungal infection like loss of fur and itching.
- Keep your nails trimmed and make sure you use clean nail accessories.
- Before going for any foot treatment, please check if the instruments are sterilized.