Joxcy 500mg Tablet
Joxcy 500 MG Description
Joxcy Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue infections. Joxcy contains ce
furoxime as its active component. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Joxcy Tablet should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Complete the entire treatment with this medicine and do not stop in a mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
- Cefasyn 500mg TabletBy Cipla Gx4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 228.80₹ 160.162% CHEAPER₹ 40.04/Tablet
- Ceroxitum 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1095.00₹ 930.75₹ 93.08/Tablet
- Ceftum 500mg TabletBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 474.05₹ 402.94₹ 100.74/Tablet
- Cefakind 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 399.90₹ 339.9117% CHEAPER₹ 33.99/Tablet
- Zocef 500mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 810.00₹ 688.50₹ 68.85/Tablet
- Zefu 500mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 385.00₹ 327.2520% CHEAPER₹ 32.73/Tablet
- C Furo 500mg TabletBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.50₹ 356.5013% CHEAPER₹ 35.65/Tablet
- Cetil 500mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1010.00₹ 858.50₹ 85.85/Tablet
- Cefurush 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Vereor Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 594.00₹ 504.90₹ 50.49/Tablet
- Genorox 500mg TabletBy Geno Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 302.00₹ 256.7037% CHEAPER₹ 25.67/Tablet
Uses of Joxcy 500 MG
Contraindications of Joxcy 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any other ingredients of Joxcy Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams, carbapenems, or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Joxcy 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Joxcy 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease.
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, you should immediately stop taking it and consult a doctor.
- You have difficulty in breathing or develop skin rash, swelling of face or mouth after taking Joxcy Tablet.
- Joxcy Tablet is not recommended for children aged under 3 months.
Mode of Action of Joxcy 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Joxcy 500 MG
- Joxcy Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results
Interactions of Joxcy 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Joxcy Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Joxcy Tablet along with contraceptive pills may cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use another method of contraception (such as condoms)....
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Joxcy 500 MG
- Store Joxcy Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Joxcy 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Joxcy Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Joxcy Tablet before prescribed duration?
Q: Is Joxcy Tablet an antibiotic?
- Novacef tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]