Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S Description
Janumet 50 mg/500 mg tablet is used along with a healthy diet and regular exercise for the control of high blood sugar in patients having type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is a combination medicine contai
ning sitagliptin and metformin. This medicine works by increasing insulin production and restoring the natural response of the body to insulin. Janumet 50 mg/500 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Please do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better. Patients are advised to maintain a strict exercise and diet regimen along with this medicine to get the best possible effect. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹51.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin Hydrochloride(500.0 Mg) + Sitagliptin(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, runny nose, headache, sore throat, flatulence|
- Glura M 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 153.0047% CHEAPER₹ 10.2/Tablet
- Alsita M 50mg Ir Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 67.1565% CHEAPER₹ 6.72/Tablet
- Sitawok M 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Wockhardt Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 134.85₹ 114.6260% CHEAPER₹ 7.64/Tablet
- Sitazit M 50/500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 125.00₹ 106.2545% CHEAPER₹ 10.63/Tablet
- Sitacose M 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.5052% CHEAPER₹ 9.35/Tablet
- Istamet 50/500mg Tablet 15'sBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.50₹ 121.1258% CHEAPER₹ 8.07/Tablet
- Sitared M 50/500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.50₹ 121.1258% CHEAPER₹ 8.07/Tablet
- Stalix M 50/500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 193.50₹ 164.4743% CHEAPER₹ 10.96/Tablet
- Emsita M 50/500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.90₹ 127.4134% CHEAPER₹ 12.74/Tablet
Uses of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
Contraindications of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
- If you are allergic to sitagliptin, metformin or any other ingredients of Janumet 50 mg/500 mg tablet.
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
- If your diabetes is not under control and you also have high blood sugar, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, rapid loss of weight, pain in the stomach, breathing difficulty, sleepiness etc.
- If you have dehydration or you have the presence of severe infection.
- If you have to go to do an x-ray or scan and dye is injected in your blood before doing the x-ray or scan.
- If you have a recent history of a heart attack.
- If you are a heavy alcohol drinker.
- If you are a lactating mother.
Side effects of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
- Low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
Other General Warnings
- You have a skin blister after taking this medicine.
- You have a fever, vomiting, loose motion, heat exposure, less fluid intake.
- You have vomiting, pain in the stomach, breathing difficulty, tiredness, muscle cramps, decrease body temperature, decrease heartbeat after taking this medicine.
- You have low blood sugar after taking other anti-diabetic medicines along with this medicine.
- You have type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- You are undergoing any surgery.
- Your doctor tells you that you have increase triglyceride levels in your blood and you have gall stones.
Mode of Action of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
- Janumet 50 mg/500 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with meals.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Janumet tablet on your own, without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Janumet 50 mg/500 mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other antidiabetic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
- Store Janumet tablets at a temperature not above 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Janumet 50/500mg Tablet 15'S
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why Janumet medicine need to be taken with food?
Q: Can I take crushed Janumet 50 ?
Q: Does Janumet 50 mg/500 mg tablet cause low blood sugar?
Q: What precaution should I take if I have low blood sugar after taking tab Janumet 50 mg/500 mg with other anti-diabetic medicines?
- If you have low blood sugar after taking Janumet 50 mg/500 mg tablet with other anti-diabetic medicines, you should eat sugar, honey, or candy, or drink fruit juice or non-diet soda to increase your blood sugar rapidly. ...
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have blurring of vision, sudden sweating, shaking, increased heartbeat, hunger, dizziness etc after taking this medicine or other anti-diabetic medicines.
Q: What is the best time of day to take Janumet?
Q: What is the composition of Janumet 50/500?
Q: What are the side effects of Janumet 50/500?
- Janumet 50 mg/1000 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Janumet 50 mg/1000 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- JANUMET® XR (sitagliptin and metformin HCl extended-release) & JANUMET® (sitagliptin and metformin HCl) | Official Site [Internet]. Janumetxr.com. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Janumet 50 Mg 1000 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Janumet 50 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Janumet Xr Cp 100 1000 Mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Janumet 50 1 Gm Tablets 14 S
- Janumet Xr Cp 100 1000 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Janumet 50 500 Mg Tablets 30 S
- Janumet 50 500 Mg Tablet 14 S
- Janumet 50 1 Gm Tablets 30 S
- Janumet 50 850 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets