Isonex Forte 300mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
1000 Tablet(s) in Bottle
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Isonex Forte 300 mg tablet is a medication used for treating tuberculosis. It is composed of Isoniazid, which is an antibiotic. It treats the infection by preventing the growth and killing the bacteria. It is selectively used for infection caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis bacteria. Tuberculosis or TB is a highly contagious infection that attacks the lungs. It can also spread to various parts of the body like the spine and the brain. The Isonex tablet is used for treating latent (inactive) TB infection. It is also used in combination with other anti-tuberculosis medicines to treat active TB infections. Use Isonex forte tablets in the exact dose and duration recommended by the doctor. Do not discontinue using this in the middle of the treatments, as the infection might return. The bacteria may develop resistance to this antibiotic, and it might get harder to treat the infection. Take the Isonex tablet before consuming food. Take it at the same time every day to maintain a stable level of the medicine in the body. If you have any previous condition like liver disease or kidney disease, notify your doctor. Also, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, and using a different medication to manage the treatment accordingly. This medicine may cause Vitamin B6 deficiency....
|You Save||₹104.45 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Dizziness, stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, itching, fever, jaundice, loss of appetite, blurred vision, joint swelling, joint pain, fatigue, increased liver enzymes, diarrhoea, sweating, tremors, bleeding, bruising, psychosis, seizures.|
Check more medicines with composition as Isoniazid(300.0 Mg)
Uses of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Contraindications of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Do not use Isonex forte 300 mg tablet if you have the following conditions: If you are allergic to any ingredients of this medication If you have severe kidney diseases, this medicine can worsen the condition. Careful monitoring of liver function is required. If you have a known history of kidney diseases, this medicine increases the risk of severe adverse effects. Close monitoring is required. If you are breastfeeding, this medicine can cause harm in the nursing infant. Do not discontinue this medicine without finishing the entire treatment; you can develop medicine resistant TB infection....
Side effects of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Stomach upset
- Numbness or tingling in arms and legs
- Swollen joints
- Increase urination
- Vision changes
- Disclaimer- This is not a complete list of side effects caused by Isonex forte 300 mg tablet. If you have noticed any of these side effects, inform your doctor and seek medical treatment.
Precautions and Warnings of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Can I take the Isonex forte 300 mg tablets during pregnancy?
Tuberculosis poses a significant threat to the mother, unborn baby, and family members if left untreated. It might be challenging to take this treatment due to the fear of this medication, but not taking anti-TB medicines can cause even more severe infection and even death. This medicine may reach the baby, but studies have not shown any development problems.
Can I take the Isonex forte 300 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Yes, Isonex 300mg Tablet is safe to use in breastfeeding mothers. Many studies have suggested that this medicine does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount, enough to cause any harm to the baby. Consult your doctor if you need more information.
Can I drive if I have taken Isonex forte 300 mg tablets?
No, Isonex forte 300 mg tablets can cause side effects like inflammation of the optic nerve, which causes vision problems, seizures, etc., which might affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Isonex forte 300 mg tablets?
No, avoid consuming alcohol while taking the Isonex tablet. It may increase the risk of damage to the liver during this treatment. Alcohol can also increase the side effects of isoniazid. Contact your doctor if you experience flushing, chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have peripheral neuropathy, which causes tingling sensation or numbness in the legs and arms, inform your doctor.
- You may get the infection back if you stop this medicine in the middle and finish the entire course of this treatment.
- You may get vitamin B6 deficiency because of Isonex Forte, which can cause inflammation of nerves.
- You should avoid taking vaccines such as BCG while you are on this treatment since it can interfere with a live vaccination.
- You should not eat food containing tyramine, such as dried meat, aged cheese, red wine, fava beans, etc., while you are on this treatment. It can cause symptoms like headache, vomiting, flushing, itching, etc....
Mode of Action of Isonex Forte 300 MG
How Does It Work?
The Isone contains isoniazid. It is an anti-tuberculosis antibiotic. It is a selective antibiotic for mycobacterium. Certain enzymes activate it in Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteria. This medicine interferes with mycolic acid synthesis, an enzyme required for the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria, thus effectively killing the bacteria....
Directions for Use of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Take an Isonex forte 300 mg tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take this medicine before consuming food.
- Do not exceed the dosage.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break the tablet or chew it.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some of the medicines that can interact with Isonex forte 300 mg tablet are:
- Antifungal medication (ketoconazole, itraconazole)
- Disulfiram (treatment for alcohol dependence)
- Antidepressants (fluoxetine, sertraline)
- Anti-seizure medication (phenytoin)
Interactions with food items
- Using alcohol with Isonex forte 300 mg tablets can result in an increased risk of damage to the liver. It can also worsen the side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, flushing, chills, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, etc. ...
- Foods containing tyramine (such as aged cheese, cured meats such as sausages and salami, fava beans, soy sauce, beer, or red wine) should be advised to avoid during treatment with isoniazid. This medicine can increase the amount of tyramine in the body, which can cause adverse reactions....
Storage and disposal of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Store Isonex forte 300 mg tablets in neat and dry places, at room temperature. Take the tablet immediately after opening it. Do not expose it to direct sunlight, wetness, or humidity. Dispose of the package after using it. Do not use the medication after its expiry date. Do not use it if the box is already broken. Keep this away from children....
Dosage of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Overdose of the isonex forte 300 mg tablets can cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, slurred speech, dizziness, tachycardia and urinary retention, followed by stupor, coma and recurrent seizures. If you have overdosed on this medicine, consult your doctor and seek medical treatment....
Missed a Dose
It is essential to take each dose of Isonex forte 300 mg tablets and other antituberculosis treatment precisely as scheduled. If you take this medication regularly and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next dose as normal. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I Use Isonex forte 300 mg tablets to treat any other infections?
A: No, Isonex forte 300 mg tablets are specific for the treatment of tuberculosis. It should not be used for the treatment of other infections. It is also not used for any viral infections.
Q: Can I stop using Isonex forte 300 mg tablets if I feel better?
- Do not stop using the Isonex forte 300 mg tablets without finishing the treatment. Tuberculosis bacteria dies slowly. If you feel better, do not stop using it as the infection might still be present. Stopping this treatment in the middle can increase the infection, and this medication might not effectively fight the infection....
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.