Isonex Forte 300mg Tablet
Isonex Forte 300 MG Description
Isonex Forte 300 mg tablet is a medication used for treating tuberculosis. It is composed of Isoniazid, which is an antibiotic. It treats the infection by preventing the growth and killing the bacter
ia. It is selectively used for infection caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis bacteria. Tuberculosis or TB is a highly contagious infection that attacks the lungs. It can also spread to various parts of the body like the spine and the brain. The Isonex tablet is used for treating latent (inactive) TB infection. It is also used in combination with other anti-tuberculosis medicines to treat active TB infections. Use Isonex forte tablets in the exact dose and duration recommended by the doctor. Do not discontinue using this in the middle of the treatments, as the infection might return. The bacteria may develop resistance to this antibiotic, and it might get harder to treat the infection. Take the Isonex tablet before consuming food. Take it at the same time every day to maintain a stable level of the medicine in the body. If you have any previous condition like liver disease or kidney disease, notify your doctor. Also, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, and using a different medication to manage the treatment accordingly. This medicine may cause Vitamin B6 deficiency.
|You Save||₹87.04 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, itching, fever, jaundice, loss of appetite, blurred vision, joint swelling, joint pain, fatigue, increased liver enzymes, diarrhoea, sweating, tremors, bleeding, bruising, psychosis, seizures.|
Uses of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Contraindications of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Side effects of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Stomach upset
- Numbness or tingling in arms and legs
- Swollen joints
- Increase urination
- Vision changes
- Disclaimer- This is not a complete list of side effects caused by Isonex forte 300 mg tablet. If you have noticed any of these side effects, inform your doctor and seek medical treatment.
Precautions and Warnings of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have peripheral neuropathy, which causes tingling sensation or numbness in the legs and arms, inform your doctor.
- You may get the infection back if you stop this medicine in the middle and finish the entire course of this treatment.
- You may get vitamin B6 deficiency because of Isonex Forte, which can cause inflammation of nerves.
- You should avoid taking vaccines such as BCG while you are on this treatment since it can interfere with a live vaccination.
- You should not eat food containing tyramine, such as dried meat, aged cheese, red wine, fava beans, etc., while you are on this treatment. It can cause symptoms like headache, vomiting, flushing, itching, etc....
Mode of Action of Isonex Forte 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Take an Isonex forte 300 mg tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take this medicine before consuming food.
- Do not exceed the dosage.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break the tablet or chew it.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some of the medicines that can interact with Isonex forte 300 mg tablet are:
- Antifungal medication (ketoconazole, itraconazole)
- Disulfiram (treatment for alcohol dependence)
- Antidepressants (fluoxetine, sertraline)
- Anti-seizure medication (phenytoin)
Interactions with food items
- Using alcohol with Isonex forte 300 mg tablets can result in an increased risk of damage to the liver. It can also worsen the side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, flushing, chills, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, etc. ...
- Foods containing tyramine (such as aged cheese, cured meats such as sausages and salami, fava beans, soy sauce, beer, or red wine) should be advised to avoid during treatment with isoniazid. This medicine can increase the amount of tyramine in the body, which can cause adverse reactions....
Storage and disposal of Isonex Forte 300 MG
Dosage of Isonex Forte 300 MG
- Overdose of the isonex forte 300 mg tablets can cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, slurred speech, dizziness, tachycardia and urinary retention, followed by stupor, coma and recurrent seizures. If you have overdosed on this medicine, consult your doctor and seek medical treatment....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I Use Isonex forte 300 mg tablets to treat any other infections?
Q: Can I stop using Isonex forte 300 mg tablets if I feel better?
- Do not stop using the Isonex forte 300 mg tablets without finishing the treatment. Tuberculosis bacteria dies slowly. If you feel better, do not stop using it as the infection might still be present. Stopping this treatment in the middle can increase the infection, and this medication might not effectively fight the infection....