Intrafen 120mg Tab
By INTRA LIFE PVT LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Intrafen 120mg Tab contains Fexofenadine as an active ingredient and belongs to a class of medicines called antihistamines (anti-allergic).
Uses of Intrafen 120mg Tab
- Allergic rhinitis, symptoms include watery eyes, runny or blocked nose, itching and sneezing
- Allergic reactions like itching, swelling and rashes
Contraindications of Intrafen 120mg Tab
If you have an allergy to Fexofenadine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Intrafen 120mg Tab
- Tiredness or sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Intrafen 120mg Tab
Can I take Intrafen 120mg Tab during pregnancy?
- Limited information is available about the safety of this medicine in pregnancy
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy
- This medicine should be used during pregnancy only if needed
Can I take Intrafen 120mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Intrafen 120mg Tab passes into breast milk. Therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding unless your doctor has suggested you to do so.
Can I drive if I have consumed Intrafen 120mg Tab?
This medicine does not have any effect on the ability to drive or use machines. However, caution is advised while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Intrafen 120mg Tab?
Caution is needed as drinking excess alcohol along with this medicine can increase sleepiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from liver or kidney disease
- You are suffering from any heart disease as this medicine is known to increase your heart beat
- You are an elderly person
Mode of Action of Intrafen 120mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a chemical substance produced in the body in case of allergies
- It causes itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes
- This medicine blocks the effect of Histamine and controls the allergic symptoms
Directions for Use of Intrafen 120mg Tab
Take Intrafen 120mg Tab as per your doctor's advice.
Interactions of Intrafen 120mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin
- Fungal infection medicines like Ketoconazole
- Acidity medicines should be taken two hours before this medicine and not along with it
Interactions with food items
- No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information
Storage and disposal of Intrafen 120mg Tab
- This medicine does not require any particular temperature storage condition
- Store the medicines in the original packing
Dosage of Intrafen 120mg Tab
- Symptoms of overdose can lead to dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and dry mouth
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking this medicine?
- You should not use Intrafen 120mg Tab if you are allergic to it
- Ask your doctor if it is safe for you to take this medicine if you have any specific medical condition
- Also mention all the prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal preparations and nutritional supplements that you may be taking to your doctor before starting this medication
Q: How long does it take for this medicine to start acting, and how long does its effect last?
A: The effect of this medication starts within one hour of taking the medicine and lasts for at least 24 hours.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved