Indclav 625mg Tablet
Indclav 625mg Tablet Description
Indclav 625 tablet is an antibiotic medicine, used to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues and j
oints. It is a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Before taking Indclav 625, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹30.24 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection|
Uses of Indclav 625mg Tablet
Contraindications of Indclav 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Indclav 625 Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Indclav 625mg Tablet
- Infection of skin and nails
Precautions and Warnings of Indclav 625mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have an underlying medical condition such as liver or kidney problems, heart disorder, etc.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Indclav 625 Tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Indclav 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Indclav 625mg Tablet
Interactions of Indclav 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Indclav 625 Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarin. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- There is an increased risk of side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Simultaneous use of anti-gout medicines like allopurinol or probenecid is not recommended.
- Immunosuppressants like mycophenolate mofetil should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Indclav 625mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Indclav 625mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Indclav 625 Tablet?
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Indclav 625 Tablet?
Q: Will Indclav 625 Tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: Is Indclav 625 Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Is Indclav 625 Tablet safe and effective?
Q: Does the Indclav 625 mg tablet cause sleepiness?
Q: What is the dose of Indclav 625?
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Indclav 625?
Q: When should I take Indclav 625?
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium) [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- DailyMed - AUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet, film coatedAUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium powder, for suspension [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]