Iben Plus Tablet
By APEX LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Iben Plus Tablet is a combination of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol, a pain-relieving medicine.
Uses of Iben Plus Tablet
- Treatment of pain & swelling of joints (osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis)
- To relieve pain due to migraine, headache, backache, menstruation, dental conditions and muscle sprain
- To relieve pain after operation and surgical procedures and sports injuries
- To relieve pain and swelling in the spinal cord & due to throat and airways infections
Contraindications of Iben Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to Ibuprofen, Paracetamol or other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of allergic reaction due to pain killers like aspirin, etc.
- If you are taking medicines containing Paracetamol or Ibuprofen or other pain medicine
- If you have a history of ulcers or bleeding in the digestive tract
- If you have an active clotting disorder or disorder related to blood supply to the brain
- If you are experiencing fluid loss (due to vomiting, diarrhoea or not drinking enough fluids)
- If you have kidney or liver function problem
- If you are pregnant (last trimester), should not be given to children under 12 years of age (<40kgs)
Side effects of Iben Plus Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Excessive sweating
- Skin rashes & itching
- Serious allergic reactions (in rare cases)
Precautions and Warnings of Iben Plus Tablet
Can I take Iben Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not consume this medicine. This medicine can hamper the growth of fetus and can also cause heart and kidney-related problems in the baby. It can delay the labour and increase the duration as both mother and baby are at a risk of bleeding disorders if consumed by pregnant women. Women who are trying to conceive and taking treatment for infertility should not take this medicine.
Can I take Iben Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in breast milk in low concentrations and may not be harmful to the breastfed baby. It can be used for short durations and at lowest possible dose if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Iben Plus Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and visual disturbances. Thus, it is advised not to drive when you are taking this medicine and experiencing these signs.
Can I consume alcohol with Iben Plus Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine. It can increase the risk of liver disease and stomach bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are an elderly person
- If you have high blood pressure or heart, kidney or liver diseases
- If you may experience stomach bleeding and ulcers after taking this medicine
- If you have a history of or suffering from asthma & nasal allergy
- If you are suffering from an immune disorder, where your immune system acts against the body tissues
- If you have a hereditary disorder like G6PD deficiency or porphyria (blood disorders)
- If you are an alcoholic or recently had a major surgery
- If you are trying to conceive, you should discontinue this medicine
- If you develop skin allergies like rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
Mode of Action of Iben Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
This combination acts by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins which is responsible for swelling and pain. It also controls fever and promotes cartilage matrix synthesis.
Directions for Use of Iben Plus Tablet
Swallow this tablet with a full glass of water. This medicine can be taken with or without meals but if you have a sensitive stomach, it is preferably taken with meals.
Interactions of Iben Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines containing paracetamol as there is an increased risk of liver damage
- If you are taking medicines used to treat high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect
- Medicines like diuretic can lead to kidney damage when taken along with this medicine
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and it's side effects
- Medicines used to modify immune response like Ciclosporin & Tacrolimus can result in kidney damage
- Increase the risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking medicines to thin the blood like Warfarin and Coumarin
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin
- If you are taking medicines for treating diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs
- Medicine used to treat obstruction in gall bladder like cholestyramine should not be consumed before taking this medicine
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Rifampicin, St. John's Wort, Methotrexate, Aspirin, Digoxin and Zidovudine
Storage and disposal of Iben Plus Tablet
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Store this medicine below 30°C
Dosage of Iben Plus Tablet
- Taking this medicine in high doses may result in serious liver damage, coma and even death
- Other symptoms are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitement, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits, difficulty in breathing & weight loss
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose. Take the next dose as soon as you remember. A minimum of 6 hour gap is recommended between 2 doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive but it is advised not to give this medicine if anyone else has the same condition like you.
Q: What are COX inhibitors? Is Iben Plus Tablet a COX inhibitor?
A: COX or cyclooxygenase inhibitors block the enzyme cyclooxygenase which secretes substances in injury or illness that promote pain and inflammation. There are 2 forms of this enzyme called COX-1 and COX-2. While some medicines selectively inhibit COX-1 (Aspirin, Indomethacin) or COX-2 (Etoricoxib, Valdecoxib), Iben Plus Tablet inhibits both the enzymes. Iben Plus Tablet may increase the intensity of adverse effects when used in combination with other COX inhibitors and hence caution is advised.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Iben Plus Tablet?
A: There should be a minimum 6-hour gap between 2 tablets of Iben Plus Tablet and you should not take more than 3 tablets in 24 hours. It is not recommended to use this medicine for more than 4 days on self-prescription. If you have use for a longer period, consult your doctor. This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age and who weigh less than 40 kg. (if >12 yrs old).
Q: Why do pain killers cause gastrointestinal bleeding?
A: Pain killers (NSAIDs) irritate or damage the lining of the stomach which results in stomach bleeding. This lead to formation of ulcers or in perforation. However, this does not occur in normal doses and is especially a concern if you are taking pain killers for a prolonged period or use them more than regularly. The risk of gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers and perforation is higher with higher doses.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved