Hytel H Tablet
By EAST WEST PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hytel H Tab contains a combination of Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, an anti-hypertensive.
Uses of Hytel H Tab
- Treatment of high blood pressure when Telmisartan alone is not able to control blood pressure
Contraindications of Hytel H Tab
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or Hydrochlorothiazide or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like sulfasalazine and other drugs from this class
- Should not be taken by pregnant women
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to bile duct (canal connecting liver to intestine) like cholestasis
- If you have serious kidney problems
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and decrease in potassium levels
- If you have diabetes or kidney problem and you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren
Side effects of Hytel H Tab
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Muscle ache
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Hytel H Tab
Can I take Hytel H Tab during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine is known to cause fetal abnormalities and death; thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy. If you are on this medicine and planning pregnancy, then inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
Can I take Hytel H Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding. It can cause excessive urine production and can affect milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hytel H Tab?
It is advised not to drive after taking this medicine. You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this medicine which hampers your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Hytel H Tab?
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience fainting, giddiness especially after first dose
- You are planning a pregnancy. This medicine will be changed
- You are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis, biliary obstructive
- Your kidneys are not functioning properly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels)
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhea, vomiting, etc.
- You have serious heart and heart valve-related problems like congestive heart failure, aortic or mitral stenosis, ischaemic cardiopathy
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands)
- You have diabetes as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed
- You have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose)
- You develop eye pain and decrease in vision
Mode of Action of Hytel H Tab
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels and rise in blood pressure
- Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from body, thereby lowering the blood pressure
Directions for Use of Hytel H Tab
- This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop the medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture; thus, should be taken out from blister just before use
Interactions of Hytel H Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking water tablets, steroids, carbenoxolone (treat mouth ulcers), antifungals like amphotericin, antibiotics like penicillin G and Aspirin
- Medicines used to treat depression or other mental conditions like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (Amiloride, Spironolactone), Cyclosporin and Heparin
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin)
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine
- Your blood cell production may be hampered if you take this with medicines like Cyclophosphamide and Methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interferes the way this medicine works
- Medicines which may not be able to work properly due to increased potassium levels which are used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine, Digoxin, Sotalol
- Medicines for mental disorders like Chlorpromazine, Haloperidol and other antibiotics
- Medicines used to relax muscle tubocurarine. This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like Amantadine
- Medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid
Interactions with food items
- It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water
- It can be taken with or without food
Storage and disposal of Hytel H Tab
- Store this medicine in the original package to protect it from catching moisture
- Keep this medicine out of the sight of children
Dosage of Hytel H Tab
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your d
octor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop this medication on my own?
A: Don’t suddenly stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor. If you stop this medication abruptly, you can suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: I am experiencing episode of low blood pressure. What can I do?
- If you are taking this medicine in the initial few days, you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness, giddiness
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea
- If you experience giddiness, lightheadedness, immediately lie down
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 03:56 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved