Hhtelm 40mg Tablet
By HEGDE AND HEGDE PHARMACEUTICA LLP
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Hhtelm 40mg Tab is the salt telmisartan. It belongs to the antihypertensive (angiotensin receptor inhibitors) group of medicines. It keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers
blood pressure and improves blood flow....
Uses of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
- Chronic heart failure
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction) causing dysfunction of the lower-left chamber of the heart
- High blood pressure
- Diabetic kidney disease
Contraindications of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
- Allergic reaction to this medicine
- Liver or kidney disease
- Renal artery stenosis (condition where a blood vessel in a kidney is narrow)
Side effects of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
- Common side effects of Hhtelm 40mg Tab include drop in blood pressure, headache and dizziness
- Serious side effects include deranged kidney function; rashes, swelling of the face, lips and throat; nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upper respiratory tract infection; swollen or dry mouth; increased white blood cell count; fainting; depression; decreased haemoglobin levels; and muscle pain...Read more
Precautions and Warnings of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
Can I take Hhtelm 40mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine can seriously harm the foetus. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers. There is not enough data to say whether or not this medicine can harm the nursing infant. Your doctor will be able to help you find a safer alternative.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
This medicine is not known to affect your driving ability. However, avoid driving if you experience dizziness or drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Caution is advised as alcohol make the blood pressure drop and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue)
- You are experiencing excessive vomiting or diarrhoea
- You are have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels leading to your kidneys or have had a kidney transplant recently
- You have liver or heart disease
- You suffer from heart failure
- You have high blood pressure and diabetes-related kidney problems
Mode of Action of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II is a substance produced by the body which causes constriction of blood vessels. This leads to an increase in blood pressure. This medicine prevents the binding of angiotensin-II to its
receptors, thus causing the blood vessels to relax, and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
Take the dosage of Hhtelm 40mg Tab as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Many medicines are known to interact with this medicine; hence, any medicine that the patient is taking has to be reported. Some of the interactions are with: aspirin and NSAIDs which reduce the action of this medicine on blood pressure; all ACE inhibitors, azathioprine, lithium, aspirin and aliskiren; and medicines which are known to increase potassium levels like diuretics....Read more
Interactions with food items
- Consume a low-salt diet
- Avoid foods containing high amounts of potassium; potassium can cause weakness, irregular heartbeat, confusion, tingling of the extremities or feelings of heaviness in the legs
Storage and disposal of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
Store at room temperature and away from light and moisture. Keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Hhtelm 40mg Tab
Follow the dosage of Hhtelm 40mg Tab that has been prescribed by your doctor. The side effects of an overdose include increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, increased levels of
potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness. Call a doctor if you suspect an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensat
e for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional about before I start treatment with Hhtelm 40mg Tab?
A: You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes, and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking. If you take antidiabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking this medicine, particularly during the first month of its use. The combination of antidiabetic medication when on this medicine, may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels. Aspirin and painkillers also diminish the positive effect on blood pressure of this medicine. Hence, sharing your complete medical history is of utmost importance.
Q: When and how do I consume this medicine?
A: This medicine is usually prescribed to be taken twice a day. It is to be taken only under a doctor's guidance.
Q: Is this medicine addictive or habit forming?
A: No, there is no evidence that this medicine is addictive.
Q: I feel better! Can I stop treatment with this medicine immediately?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor even if your blood pressure is controlled.
Q: Can this medicine cause excessive urination?
A: No, this medicine does not cause excessive urination as it does not belong to the diuretic class of medicines. Consult your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved