Glycinorm Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Glycinorm Od 60 MG Description
Glycinorm Od Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine that contains gliclazide as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Take this medicine exactly as instructed b
the doctor. It should be taken before food. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. It should be taken just before or with food. Headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness are some side effects that you may experience while on treatment with this medicine. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, then contact your doctor immediately. You should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements you take and also about all the diseases or conditions you suffer from or if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy or are breastfeeding, before starting this medicine.
- Glizid Mr 60mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.00₹ 84.1523% CHEAPER₹ 8.42/Tablet
- Reclide Mr 60mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 135.25₹ 114.96₹ 11.5/Tablet
- Dianorm Od 60mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 102.007% CHEAPER₹ 10.2/Tablet
- Glizihenz 60 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 108.00₹ 91.8016% CHEAPER₹ 9.18/Tablet
- Mclazide Mr 60mg TabletBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 76.5030% CHEAPER₹ 7.65/Tablet
- Diabend Mr 60mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Bal Pharma Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 83.00₹ 70.5535% CHEAPER₹ 7.06/Tablet
- Prizide Mr 60mg Tablets 10'sBy Primus Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.7542% CHEAPER₹ 6.38/Tablet
- Nuzide Xl 60mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.00₹ 62.0543% CHEAPER₹ 6.21/Tablet
- Glychek Od 60mg TabletsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 108.00₹ 85.3222% CHEAPER₹ 8.53/Tablet
Uses of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
Contraindications of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
- If you are allergic to gliclazide or any other ingredients of Glycinorm Od Tablet.
- If you have type 1 diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes.
- If you are taking miconazole to treat fungal infection.
- If you have problems with your kidney or liver.
- If you have ketones and sugar in your urine.
- If you have diabetic pre-coma or coma.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
- Fever, headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion
- Diarrhoea, constipation
- Rash, itching, redness, swelling
- Low blood sugar, unconsciousness
- Irritation, confusion, fits, excessive hunger
- Prolonged bleeding, bruising
- Abnormal liver function increased liver enzymes
- Blurred vision, sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with this medicine as it affects blood glucose levels.
- It can decrease or increase the blood sugar level depending on the quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption.
- It increases the appetite and you tend to consume more calories and it interferes with the way this medicine works.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing a serious side effect.
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood sugar.
- You consume alcohol.
- You have heart problems.
- You have problems with your liver and kidney.
- You experience sweating, anxiety, fast or irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, chest pain.
- You experience headaches, intense hunger, nausea, vomiting, sleep disorders, restlessness, aggressiveness, depression, confusion, speech or visual disorders, fits, dizziness.
- You have a hereditary condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You should follow a regular diet and should not skip or delay any meals.
- You should take your medicine on time.
- This medicine is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
How Does It Work?
- The pancreas has Beta cells that are responsible for the production of insulin.
- Gliclazide works by increasing those beta cells, thus producing more insulin, hence helps in lowering the blood sugar.
Directions for Use of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
- Take Glycinorm Od Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water before meals.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Glycinorm Od Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Glycinorm Od Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antibiotics and antifungal medicines such as clarithromycin or miconazole, medicines used for breast and menstrual disorders like danazol or other anti-diabetic medicines like insulin etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antihypertensives like captopril, anti-depressants such as phenelzine, St John's Wort (herbal), medicines for breathing-related problems like salbutamol etc....
- Concurrent use of painkillers like Phenylbutazone is not recommended as it may cause a sudden drop in blood sugar level.
- Glycinorm Od Tablet may increase the effects of anticoagulants (heparin, warfarin), if taken along.
Storage and disposal of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
- Store Glycinorm Od Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glycinorm Od 60 MG
- Excess of Glycinorm Od Tablet will lead to low blood sugar levels with symptoms such as headache, nausea, vomiting, fainting, dizziness, excess sweating, excessive hunger, fits, anxiety, blurred vision, palpitations....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your blood sugar medicines, as it may lead to high blood sugar and symptoms associated with that.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Glycinorm Od Tablet?
Q: Can I stop Glycinorm Od Tablet on my own, if I feel better?
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid fruits like mango, jackfruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
Other Products from this Brand
- Glycinorm M 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glycinorm M 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glycinorm 80 Mg Tablet
- Glycinorm Total 60 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glycinorm Od 60 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glycinorm 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glycinorm 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glycinorm Total 60 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glycinorm Od 30 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets