Gluformin 850mg Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gluformin 850mg Tab includes metformin as the active substance, which belongs to the biguanide group of medicines. It is primarily used to treat diabetes mellitus and is the first choice for treatment
of type II diabetes....
Uses of Gluformin 850mg Tab
- It is used for Type 2 Diabetes mellitus (non-insulin dependent diabetes), wherein diet and exercise cannot control your blood glucose levels.
Contraindications of Gluformin 850mg Tab
Metformin hydrochloride is contradicted in patients with Renal Disease or Renal Dysfunction, Type I Diabetes mellitus, liver disease, lung/kidney infections, heart failure, hypersensitivity to metform
in, severe infections and heavy use of alcohol....
Side effects of Gluformin 850mg Tab
The most common side effects of Gluformin 850mg Tab include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomachache and mild diarrhoea. Do not stop taking the medicine in case you experience them as these sid
e effects are transient and will go away after a few weeks. Besides these, other side effects include altered taste sensations, decreased Vitamin B12 levels, skin rashes, redness, itching, hives, weight loss. Serious side effect is rare but includes low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) if taken with other antidiabetic medication. Also, serious allergic reaction, liver problem, severe tiredness, being cold and slow heartbeat....
Precautions and Warnings of Gluformin 850mg Tab
Can I take Gluformin 850mg Tab during pregnancy?
Doctors will not prescribe this medicine in pregnancy. Do not begin taking this medicine without consulting with your doctor.
Can I take Gluformin 850mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Metformin passes into the breast milk. Hence it must not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Gluformin 850mg Tab?
Be careful if you are taking metformin along with other antidiabetic medicines, as it may cause low blood sugar. You might also feel faintness, confusion and increased sweating. So, take extra care in case you are driving after taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Gluformin 850mg Tab?
It is better to avoid excessive alcohol use as alcohol lowers blood sugar and also increases the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Metformin may cause a serious problem called lactic acidosis.The risk factors are is uncontrolled diabetes, serious infections, prolonged fasting or alcohol intake, dehydration, liver problems and any severe heart conditions...Read more
- Stop taking the medicine if you are severely dehydrated and experience severe vomiting or diarrhoea
- Seek medical help immediately
Mode of Action of Gluformin 850mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Gluformin 850mg Tab acts by reducing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitating entry of sugar into the cells. If you have di
abetes mellitus, your pancreas either does not make enough insulin, or your body is unable to use the insulin. As a result, glucose is not able to enter into the cells, which leads to a high glucose level in your blood....
Directions for Use of Gluformin 850mg Tab
- Swallow the medicine as a whole with water
- Do not chew, split or crush it
- Follow as per doctor's prescription
Interactions of Gluformin 850mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Some medicines might interfere with Metformin's mode of action. Following medicines may increase your blood sugar levels- phenytoin, birth control pills, diet pills, increase urine production, heart o
r BP medicines, steroids, niacin and NSAIDs....
Interactions with food items
Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term metformin therapy. A screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters should be done annually to determine the need
for vitamin B12 injections....
Other general Interactions
Metformin can interact with disease conditions such as lactic acidosis, hypoglycemia, B12 deficiency and cardiovascular risks.
Storage and disposal of Gluformin 850mg Tab
- Store Gluformin 850mg Tab in the original package closed tightly
- Prevent it from light, heat and moisture
- It must be kept out of children's reach
Dosage of Gluformin 850mg Tab
An overdose of this medicine might cause lactic acidosis, symptoms of which are vomiting, stomach ache, muscle cramps and difficulty in breathing. Seek medical emergency if you feel you had an overdos
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose with food as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and take as per your usual dosing schedule. Don't double the dose to catch u
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long will I need to take Gluformin 850mg Tab?
A: Metformin treatment for diabetes is usually for a long duration of time. Continue taking the medicine unless your doctor tells you to stop.
Q: Can I drink alcohol while taking Gluformin 850mg Tab?
- Be careful with alcohol consumption when taking it as drinking excess alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
Q: What foods do I need to avoid while taking the medicine?
- It is better to cut down on foods that contain added sugar.
Q: What do I do if I feel sick after taking Gluformin 850mg Tab?
- Check with your doctor. Always take this medicine with food to reduce the chances of feeling sick.
Q: Can I take Gluformin 850mg Tab for a long time?
- Yes, this medicine is safe to take for a long duration of time.
- MedlinePlus. Metformin.
- Diabetes - The Global Diabetes Community. Glucophage (Metformin) and Diabetes.
- DrugBank. Metformin.
- National Health Service. Metformin.
- Nasri H., et al. Metformin:Current Knowledge. 2014.
- Diabetes - The Global Diabetes Community. Metformin.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Diagemet XL 500mg Prolonged Release Tablets.
- Bethesda (MD). Metformin. 2006.
- Diabetes Care. The Phantom of Lactic Acidosis due to Metformin in Patients With Diabetes.
Other Products from this Brand
- Gluformin Xl New 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin Xl 1 Gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin Xl 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin Xl New 1 Gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin I 0 5 Gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin I 1 Gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Gluformin Xl 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Gluformin Xl 1 Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 03:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved