Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
By SHRRISHTI HEALTH CARE PRODUCTS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glipi Dm Plus Tablets Description
Glipi Dm Plus Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of Glipizide and Metformin. It is used in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus. It should be taken as directed by the doctor an
d in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after having your food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Glipi Dm Plus.
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glipizide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Side effects||Vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dizziness, altered taste|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glipizide(5.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
- Glimet Ds TabletBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 19.50₹ 16.57₹ 1.66/Tablet
- Glynase Mf Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 20.35₹ 17.30₹ 1.73/Tablet
- Glucotrol Mf TabletBy Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 19.40₹ 17.46₹ 1.75/Tablet
- Metaglez Forte TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 21.20₹ 18.02₹ 1.8/Tablet
Uses of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
Glipi Dm Plus Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus).
Contraindications of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
- If you are allergic to glipizide or metformin or any other ingredients of Glipi Dm Plus Tablet.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are an alcoholic or have any thyroid problems.
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes along with either nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, deep or rapid breathing, sleepiness, weight loss, unconsciousness, etc.
- If you have any heart problems or if you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you suffer from dehydration or severe diarrhoea or vomiting.
- If you are going to undergo any surgery or operation.
- If you have ketone bodies and sugar in your urine.
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
- If you are on an antifungal medication like miconazole.
Side effects of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste
- Decreased appetite
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
Can I take Glipi Dm Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Glipi Dm Plus Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. In general, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral blood sugar-lowering medicines. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Glipi Dm Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Glipi Dm Plus Tablet should not be used during breastfeeding as only limited information is available about its safety in lactating women. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glipi Dm Plus Tablet?
- Glipi Dm Plus Tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Glipi Dm Plus Tablet?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol while on treatment with Glipi Dm Plus Tablet. Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and can also increase the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience severe diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You have problems with your liver or uncontrolled diabetes.
- You suffer from dehydration.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- You consume alcohol on regular basis.
- You develop a fever or infection.
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or an operation.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Stop taking this medicine for a short duration if you have severe vomiting or diarrhoea, fever, etc.
- Glipi Dm Plus Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glipi Dm Plus Tablet works by the combined action of Glipizide and Metformin.
- Glipizide works by stimulating the release of insulin from your pancreas, thus reducing blood sugar.
- Metformin works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
- Glipi Dm Plus Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after your meals.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glipi Dm Plus Tablet works or Glipi Dm Plus itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- As this medicine contains different components, any interaction seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination.
Storage and disposal of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
- Glipi Dm Plus Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glipi Dm Plus Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of Glipi Dm Plus Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Glipi Dm Plus Tablet?
A: Glipi Dm Plus Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after your meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Should Glipi Dm Plus Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Your doctor may recommend you take Glipi Dm Plus Tablet with or after having food.
Q: What is the composition of Glipi Dm Plus forte?
A: The composition of Glipi Dm Plus forte includes a combination of glipizide and metformin, as its active component.
Q: What are the side effects of Glipi Dm Plus?
A: Vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dizziness and altered taste are a few side effects of Glipi Dm Plus. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
- Minodiab 5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Minodiab 5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
GLIPI DM PLUS
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed