Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp Description
Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine used to lower the raised blood glucose levels in the blood when it is not being controlled by diet and exercise. This medicine is used to treat T
ype 2 diabetes mainly. It contains a combination of glimepiride and metformin as active ingredients. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Do not stop taking this medicine, as it can result in increased blood sugar level and its complications. Side effects of this medicine are disturbance, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea. Mostly these side effects get resolved over a short time. If it worsens, reach out to the nearest clinic or hospital.
|You Save||₹25.71 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, low blood sugar, vomiting, taste disturbance, stomach pain|
- Exermet Gm 502mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 191.66₹ 162.91₹ 10.86/Tablet
- Glimy M2 Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 239.25₹ 203.36₹ 13.56/Tablet
- Gluconorm G 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 288.50₹ 245.22₹ 16.35/Tablet
- Glador M 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 262.25₹ 222.91₹ 14.86/Tablet
- Glisen Mf 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 233.65₹ 198.60₹ 13.24/Tablet
- Glyree M2 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 145.90₹ 124.01₹ 12.40/Tablet
- Euglim M 2mg TabletBy Bayer Zydus Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.00₹ 92.65₹ 9.27/Tablet
- Glucut Mt 2mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.10₹ 63.83₹ 6.38/Tablet
Uses of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
Contraindications of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredient of Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure, the recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
- Weight gain, low blood sugar level which can cause headache, sweating, nausea, wet skin, anxiety and restlessness
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of taste sensation, metallic taste and stomach discomfort (pressure and fullness)
- High blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, chest pain (arrhythmias)
- Rash, itching
- Temporary visual disturbances
- Difficulty in breathing, decrease in vitamin B12 levels
Precautions and Warnings of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
- Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves the injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery shortly. You have serious kidney and liver problems. You have a thyroid disorder....
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
How Does It Work?
- Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone Glimiperide lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from the pancreas....
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
Interactions of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet works, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- Especially if you are on certain medications like painkillers, medicines for heart diseases, muscle pain, brain-related disorder, antacids like ranitidine, anti-coagulants such as warfarin, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines for a thyroid disorder, antihypertensive medicines etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibiotics like Clarithromycin, oral contraceptives, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, medicines for constipation, water pills etc.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are already taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone. Caution is advised.
Storage and disposal of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
- Store at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Glimisave M2 Tablets Cp
- Overdose of Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet may lead to severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid build-up).
- This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, the fruity smell from breath etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking a double dose.
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose....
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: Can Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet be stopped?
Q: What is the use of Glimisave M Cp Er Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- GLIMISAVE 1MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLIMISAVE M1 TABLETS 15'S
- GLIMISAVE M2 TABLET 15'S
- GLIMISAVE M2 FORTE STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLIMISAVE MV 2 STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLIMISAVE MV 2.3MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLIMISAVE M 0.5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLIMISAVE MV 3.3 F TABLETS 15'S
- GLIMISAVE M1 FORTE STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLIMISAVE M3 FORTE STRIP OF 15 TABLETS