Fortral Kt Injection
Fortral Kt 30 MG Description
Fortral Kt Injection is an anti-inflammatory medicine containing Ketorolac as its active ingredient. It is used to manage post-operative pain, joint pain and muscle ache (short term). Fortral Kt will
be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an Injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
Uses of Fortral Kt 30 MG
Contraindications of Fortral Kt 30 MG
- If you are allergic to Ketorolac or any other ingredient of Fortral Kt Injection.
- If you are allergic to other pain killers like aspirin, diclofenac, ibuprofen or have developed any allergic reactions after using it.
- If you have problems with your heart, kidney or liver.
- If you are suffering from ulcers of the stomach or intestine.
- If you have bleeding or perforation in the digestive tract related to previous therapy with pain killers like aspirin, diclofenac, etc.
- If you have a history of bleeding in your brain.
- If you are suffering from asthma.
- It should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery and for any major surgery.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding. Fortral Kt should not be used during labour, as it may inhibit uterine contractions and can increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you are on other painkiller medications.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
Side effects of Fortral Kt 30 MG
- Injection site reactions like pain, redness, swelling
- Stomach pain or discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Fortral Kt 30 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- You have any bleeding problems or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- You have asthma or a condition called - systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You should not use this medicine for minor or chronic painful conditions.
- You develop any allergic reactions (rash, redness, swelling, itching) after taking this medicine.
- You have high blood pressure, heart failure, stroke and oedema.
- You are planning to have a baby.
- You are above 60 years old.
- Your doctor will monitor your blood urea, creatinine and potassium levels regularly while on treatment with this medicine.
- Fortral Kt Injection is not recommended for patients below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Fortral Kt 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fortral Kt 30 MG
- Fortral Kt Injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Fortral Kt 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Fortral Kt Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- This medicine should not be used along with aspirin, celecoxib as you make be at an increased risk of having side effects.
- This medicine should also not be used along with anticoagulants like warfarin, heparin as it can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Fortral Kt Injection should not be used for at least 8-12 days after the administering mifepristone as it can alter its effects.
- Medicines like citalopram, oxpentifylline, methotrexate, ciclosporin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Chlorthalidone should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Fortral Kt 30 MG
- Store Fortral Kt Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fortral Kt 30 MG
- Fortral Kt Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine.
- If you experience any symptoms (stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, stomach ulcers, headache, disorientation, excitation, sleepiness, dizziness, ringing in the ears, unconsciousness) right after taking this Injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why can't I take Fortral Kt Injection by myself?
Q: Can I take Ibuprofen if I have been given Fortral Kt Injection?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before starting Fortral Kt Injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Fortral Kt may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....