Forteo 600mcg Pre Filled Pen Of 2.4ml Solution For Injection
By ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
2.4ml Solution For Injection in Pre Filled Pen
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Forteo 600 MCG Description
Forteo Solution For Injection contains teriparatide as its main substance. It is a synthetic version of the hormone produced by the parathyroid gland. It is given to individuals who have osteoporosis
, especially women after menopause and are prone to fractures. This medicine is given by a doctor or a nurse. Self-injection should not be done.
|Uses||Prevent and treat bone weakening (osteoporosis)|
|Side effects||Injection site reactions|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Teriparatide(600.0 Mcg)
Uses of Forteo 600 MCG
Forteo Solution For Injection is used in adults to prevent and treat bone weakening (osteoporosis).
Contraindications of Forteo 600 MCG
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the other ingredients of Forteo Solution For Injection. If you have problems with your kidney. If you have a condition of high calcium levels in the body. If you have any bone diseases. If you had any radiation therapy. If you have high levels of liver enzymes in your blood. If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby. If you are breastfeeding....
Side effects of Forteo 600 MCG
- Injection site reactions
- Loss of energy
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeats
- Shortness of breath
- Low haemoglobin
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Forteo 600 MCG
Can I take Forteo Solution For Injection during pregnancy?
This medicine is contraindicated during pregnancy, thus it should not be used. If you are pregnant or think you may be, you should discontinue this medicine and consult your doctor immediately. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming this medicine. You should consult your doctor, if you think you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby, before taking this medicine.
Can I take Forteo Solution For Injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have taken Forteo Solution For Injection?
This medicine may cause dizziness and drowsiness. Hence, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Forteo Solution For Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have high levels of calcium in your body or you have nausea, vomiting, constipation, low energy, or muscle weakness.
- You have kidney stones or any other problems with your kidney.
- After the first few doses of this medicine, you may feel dizzy or experience an increase in heartbeats, you should sit or lie down immediately.
- This medicine should not be used in patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Forteo 600 MCG
How Does It Work?
Teriparatide is similar to a natural hormone in the body and it works by increasing the bone strength and thickness.
Directions for Use of Forteo 600 MCG
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Forteo 600 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
Be cautious when taken along with medicines used to treat heart diseases like digoxin, as it may cause harmful effects. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction....
Storage and disposal of Forteo 600 MCG
- Store it in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C).
- You should not freeze.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different coloured in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Forteo 600 MCG
This medication will be given by a nurse or a doctor, so overdose is unlikely. However, if you experience symptoms such as dizziness on standing up, headache, nausea, vomiting, then inform the nurse or doctor immediately. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
This medicine will be injected by a nurse or a doctor. So, the chances of missing a dose are very low. However, if you feel a dose has been missed inform the nurse or doctor.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Forteo Solution For Injection on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: What is Osteoporosis?
- Osteoporosis is a disorder associated with bones. This usually occurs in postmenopausal women but may also occur in adults with low levels of calcium. It occurs due to loss of calcium from bones, making the bones highly fragile. This condition increases the risk of fractures and may lead to other complications....
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed