Folitrax 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Folitrax Tablet contains methotrexate, as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called antimetabolites. It is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It is a prescription medicine, so never suggest this medicine to anyone, even if their condition is similar to yours. The doctor decides the dosage and frequency of taking this medicine based on clinical condition and response to treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Folitrax Tablet....
|You Save||₹9.07 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis|
|Side effects||Stomach discomfort, mouth ulcers, nausea, loss of appetite|
Check more medicines with composition as Methotrexate(2.5 Mg)
Uses of Folitrax 2.5 MG
Folitrax Tablet is indicated for the treatment of psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis, which has been unresponsive to other conventional therapy.
Contraindications of Folitrax 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Folitrax Tablet or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any underlying medical condition like severe liver and kidney disorders.
- If you have low levels of white blood cells and platelets.
- If you recently had an injection of live vaccines.
- If you have mouth ulcers, or have ulcers in stomach or intestine
- If you are a chronic alcoholic
Side effects of Folitrax 2.5 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Mouth ulcers
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 2.5 MG
Can I take Folitrax Tablet during pregnancy?
It is extremely unsafe to use this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning one.
Can I take Folitrax Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid the use of this medicine if you are breastfeeding as components of this medicine can pass in breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Folitrax Tablet?
It may cause drowsiness or tiredness after taking this medicine. Therefore, you should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery unless you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Folitrax Tablet?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol when using this medicine, as it is known to increase the risks of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical condition like blood disorder, kidney disorder, intestinal disorder, lung disease, a brain-related disorder etc.
- You have mouth ulcers.
- You have diabetes or are being treated with insulin.
- You should take proper contraceptive measures during the treatment and should avoid pregnancy at least for 6 months after the treatment stops.
- Do not start, alter or stop this medicine on your own.
- You are giving this medicine to children.
- Consult your doctor regularly when on the treatment. He/she may monitor your blood, kidney, liver tests
- You experience irregular menses or blood in urine or sputum
- You develop fever , chills or any infection
- You develop shortness of breath
- Do not recommend this medicine to others.
- The medicine is restricted to prescription use.
Mode of Action of Folitrax 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Folitrax Tablet acts by decreasing inflammation that leads to joint pain, destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. It prevents further joint damage.
- In psoriasis, it suppresses the overactive immune system which helps control skin lesions of psoriasis.
Directions for Use of Folitrax 2.5 MG
- Take the dosage of Folitrax Tablet as per the doctor's prescription.
- This medication should be taken by mouth only.
- Do not take this medicine beyond the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine whole with water.
- The medicine should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Folitrax 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Folitrax Tablet works, or sometimes Folitrax Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, painkillers, water pills, medicines to treat skin disorders, antibiotics, antiepileptic medicines, medicines used in chemotherapy, medicines to treat asthma, immunosuppressants etc....
- Also if you are taking medicines containing folic acid along with this medicine, caution is advised.
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 2.5 MG
- The medicine should be kept away from children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperatures not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius.
Dosage of Folitrax 2.5 MG
The dosage of this medicine should be used in limited doses. Kindly avoid overdosage of this medicine, as it may cause certain side effects. In case of overdose (accidental or otherwise), seek immediate medical attention....
Missed a Dose
Folitrax Tablet dosage should not be missed, as it is for regular use. If you miss a dose, kindly take the medicine at the earliest, and if it is time for the following scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and avoid doubling the dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before using Folitrax Tablet?
A: It is advisable to inform your doctor about the complete medical history, any history of alcoholism and liver disorders due to alcoholism, immunodeficiency syndrome, anaemia, low count of white blood cells and low count of platelets.
Q: How long will it take to feel better with the intake of this medicine?
A: It may take several months to experience the full benefit of this medicine until then do not stop or alter the course on your own.
Q: Is this medicine available in any other form?
A: Yes, this medicine is available in the form of liquid syrup.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.