Fludep (Cipla) 20 Mg Capsule 10
Fludep 20 MG Description
Fludep is a prescription medication that is used in the treatment of major depressive disorder in adults. It is also used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), bulimia, binge-eating disorders
and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Depression is a condition characterised by pervasive low mood. Patients present with complaints like feeling low, decreased motivation, feelings of hopelessness and dread, and loss of interest in daily activities, which can be debilitating. Multiple brain pathways and chemical messengers are indicated in depression, chiefly Serotonin, nor-epinephrine and dopamine. Fludep increases the levels of Serotonin to exert its antidepressant action. The medication should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause withdrawal effects. Taking the tablet at the same time every day is advisable for maximum efficacy.
|You Save||₹3.19 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of depressions, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Panic disorders|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Diarrhoea, Nausea, Drowsiness, Confusion, Increased sweating, Delayed ejaculation, Erectile dysfunction, Low sexual desire, Headache, Anxiety, Weight gain/loss|
Uses of Fludep 20 MG
- As per FDA, Fludep is primarily used to manage the following conditions:
- Acute and maintenance treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Acute and maintenance treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Acute and maintenance treatment of Bulimia Nervosa
- Acute treatment of panic disorder, with or without agoraphobia
Contraindications of Fludep 20 MG
- Fludep is contraindicated in the following cases:
- In patients with documented hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
- In patients with a history of increased negative thoughts, low mood or suicidal ideation
- It should be used with caution in elderly patients
- It should be used with caution in people with liver disorders
Side effects of Fludep 20 MG
- Side effects of Fludep include:
- Insomnia or abnormal dreams
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty in ejaculation
- Excessive sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Fludep 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any sudden change in mood or have any thoughts about harming yourself
- You feel anxious or restless
- You feel angry or agitated
- You have any difficulty falling asleep
- You experience any dizziness, muscle rigidity, or difficulty in movement
- You are taking any other medications at the same time
- You experience any visual abnormalities
- You have any difficulty in breathing or get a skin rash
- You have any bruising or excessive bleeding
- You experience any sudden weight loss or weight gain
- You have a seizure
Mode of Action of Fludep 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fludep 20 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by the treating physician.
- Take this medication every day at the same time for optimal effects.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- Finish the full course of this medication as prescribed by your doctor. Do not abruptly stop the drug as it can cause withdrawal side effects. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication.
- Do not increase the dose without consulting your physician. This medication may require four weeks for the onset of action.
- Do not drive/use heavy machinery while using this medication.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience worsening of your symptoms such as persistent low mood, increased anxieties, worsening of obsessive behaviour, suicidal thoughts.
Interactions of Fludep 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- This drug should be avoided concomitantly or within two weeks of using Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like Selegiline, Rasagiline, etc. It may cause serotonin syndrome, which is potentially life-threatening....
- This drug should not be used concomitantly or within two weeks of using Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like Selegiline, Rasagiline, etc. It may cause serotonin syndrome, which is potentially life-threatening....
- The use of Fluoxetine with thioridazine, pimozide, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, including linezolid or methylene blue, is also contraindicated.
Interactions with food items
- There is no specific food interaction.
Storage and disposal of Fludep 20 MG
Dosage of Fludep 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)