Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection Description
Flemiclav Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the ear, throat, respiratory tract, stomach, skin and soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It is a combination
medicine containing two antibiotics amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. Please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your underlying condition.
Uses of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
- For the treatment of bacterial infections of the sinus, ear, throat, lungs, airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissue, bone, joints, abdomen, genitals, etc.
- To prevent infections associated with surgeries such as surgery in the gastrointestinal tract, head, neck, kidney, heart, pelvic cavity, biliary tract and joint replacement.
Contraindications of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Flemiclav Injection.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam or carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
Precautions and Warnings of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking this injection.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin or cephalosporins.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys or you are elderly.
- You experience fatigue, fever, sore throat, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Flemiclav Injection.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You have difficulty in passing urine or unable to urinate completely.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
How Does It Work?
- Flemiclav Injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for the infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
Interactions of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Flemiclav Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, medicines to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid, medicines to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate and methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer)....
Storage and disposal of Flemiclav 1.2gm Vial Of 20ml Injection
- Store Flemiclav Injection below 25°C, protect if from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.