Febuget 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Febuget 40 MG Description
Febuget 40 tablet is an anti-gout medicine. It is used to treat increased uric acid levels in the blood. Febuget 40 contains febuxostat as its active ingredient, belonging to the xanthine-oxidase inhibitors class of medicine. It blocks an enzyme xanthine-oxidase responsible for the formation of uric acid in the body. Thus, lowering the uric acid levels in the body.
Hyperuricaemia is a condition where the amount of uric acid level rises in the blood and further leading to gouty arthritis. When the uric acid crystals start depositing within the joints is known as Gout. It is characterized by pain, swelling and inflammation at the affected joint.
Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed dose and duration. Before initiating the treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor about your complete medical history and if you are allergic to this medicine. The active ingredient in Feburic 40 tablet, Febuget 40 tablet, Febustat 40 tablet, and Febutax 40 tablet is febuxostat.
|Side effects||Sudden joint pain, headache, nausea, vomiting|
- Febutax 40mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7525.62% CHEAPER₹ 8.08/Tablet
- Trufebux 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 92.00₹ 56.1248.29% CHEAPER₹ 5.61/Tablet
- Febuprez Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Rencord Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 95.0012.44% CHEAPER₹ 9.5/Tablet
- Furitas 40mg TabletBy Tas Med India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 102.39₹ 102.395.62% CHEAPER₹ 10.24/Tablet
- U Ease 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Rene Lifescience Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.2533.36% CHEAPER₹ 7.23/Tablet
- Fbt 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.15₹ 79.1827% CHEAPER₹ 7.92/Tablet
- Fbx 40mg TabletBy Albert David Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.51₹ 104.134.06% CHEAPER₹ 10.41/Tablet
- Febzeal 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.00₹ 58.6545.9% CHEAPER₹ 5.87/Tablet
Uses of Febuget 40 MG
Contraindications of Febuget 40 MG
Side effects of Febuget 40 MG
- Swelling of hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Febuget 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as heart, kidney, liver or thyroid-related problems.
- You have Lesch-Nyhan syndrome (a genetic condition that leads to an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood).
- You experience a gout attack (sudden pain, warmth, swelling in joints, redness, tenderness).
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children and adolescents.
- You are a pregnant or nursing woman.
Directions for Use of Febuget 40 MG
Storage and disposal of Febuget 40 MG
- Store at a temperature below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Febuget 40 MG
- Febuget 40 tablet is used to treat a condition called gouty arthritis, where the level of a chemical substance called uric acid in the body increases. It is also used for the treatment of hyperuricaemia (high uric acid levels in the blood). It contains febuxostat as the active ingredient....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Febuget 40mg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with this tablet.
- Headache, swellings, diarrhoea, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of Febuget 40 mg tablet. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- Talk to your doctor if you have suffered from alcoholism in the past.
- You should inform your doctor if you have experienced asthma, rhinitis, or hives after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs in the past.
Dosage of Febuget 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Febuget 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Febuget 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Febuget 40 tablet works or Febuget 40 itself affects the action of other medicines taken simultaneously.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule....
- Especially, if you are taking anticancer medicines like mercaptopurine, immunosuppressants like azathioprine, and asthma medicine like theophylline.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is chronic hyperuricemia?
Q: What causes hyperuricemia?
Q: Is Febuget 40 tablet safe for the liver?
Q: Can I eat non-vegetarian food with the medicine?
Q: Can Febuget 40 tablet medicine raise the blood sugar levels?
Q: For how long I can take Febuget 40?
Q: Can I stop taking Febuget 40 if I feel improvement in symptoms?
Q: Is Febuget and febuxostat same?
Q: What is the best time to take Febuget 40 tablet?
Q: What is the side effects of Febuget?
Q: What is the composition of Febuget 40?
Q: When should I take Febuget 40?
Q: How does Febuget 40 work?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- URICOSTAT 40 / 80 [Internet]. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Gout | Arthritis | CDC [Internet]. Cdc.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Febuxostat Accord 80mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 December 2021]