Feburic 40mg Tab 15'S
By AJANTA PHARMA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Feburic 40 tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of elevated uric acid levels in blood in conditions such as gouty arthritis. Gouty arthritis is a common type of arthritis that is very painful with deposition of uric acid in joints causing sudden attacks of redness, swelling, pain and heat. Feburic 40 tablet contains febuxostat as the active ingredient. It works by decreasing the formation of uric acid in the body. Before initiating the treatment with this medicine inform your doctor about your complete medical history and if you are allergic to this medicine....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Feburic 40mg Tab 15'S
Uses of Feburic 40 MG
Feburic 40 tablets are used in the treatment of chronic hyperuricemia (elevated uric acid levels in the blood) where such deposition has already occurred in conditions like gouty arthritis.
Contraindications of Feburic 40 MG
If you are allergic to febuxostat or any other ingredients of Feburic 40.
Side effects of Feburic 40 MG
- Increased symptoms of gout
- Localized swellings
Precautions and Warnings of Feburic 40 MG
Can I take the Feburic 40 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety data available about the use of this medicine in pregnant women. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take the Feburic 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the Feburic 40 tablet can pass into the breastmilk. Seek advice from your doctor if you are a breastfeeding woman.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Feburic 40 tablet?
Feburic 40 tablet may cause dizziness, sleepiness, blurred vision or tingling sensation. It is recommended to avoid performing activities like driving and operating machines unless you are sure how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with the Feburic 40 tablet?
Feburic 40 tablet is not known to have an interaction with alcohol. Consult your doctor if you have a habit of drinking alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart, kidney, liver or thyroid-related problems.
- You have Lesch-Nyhan syndrome (a genetic condition that leads to an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood).
- You experience a gout attack (sudden pain, warmth, swelling in joints, redness, tenderness).
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children and adolescents.
- You are a pregnant or nursing woman.
Mode of Action of Feburic 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Feburic 40 tablet works by inhibiting an enzyme that is involved in the uric acid formation, thereby lowering the uric acid levels.
Directions for Use of Feburic 40 MG
- Feburic 40 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor with or without food.
- For optimal results take this medicine at a fixed time every day and do not miss any dose.
Interactions of Feburic 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Feburic 40 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking anticancer medicines like mercaptopurine, immunosuppressants like azathioprine, asthma medicine like theophylline.
Storage and disposal of Feburic 40 MG
- Store this medicine in a dry place, protected from light, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Feburic 40 MG
Seek urgent medical help in case you have consumed too much of the Feburic 40 tablet.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your medicines. If you have missed taking any dose of the Feburic 40 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is chronic hyperuricemia?
A: Chronic hyperuricemia is a condition of elevated uric acid levels in the body. It leads to the deposition of uric acid crystals in joints and tissues causing redness, swelling, stiffness, feeling of warmth and tenderness.
Q: What causes hyperuricemia?
A: It is usually caused due to an unhealthy lifestyle that includes intake of food rich in purine (your body breaks down purine to form uric acid), alcohol, fructose (a type of sugar), certain medicines, etc. People who are obese and have certain medical conditions such as diabetes, poor kidney function, high blood pressure and metabolic disorders are more prone to develop hyperuricemia.
Q: How long should I take the Feburic 40 tablet?
A: The duration of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better.
Q: What is the use of Feburic 40?
A: Feburic 40 tablet is used in the treatment of elevated uric acid levels in the blood where such deposition has already occurred in conditions like gouty arthritis.
Q: When should I eat Feburic 40?
A: Feburic 40 tablets should be taken exactly as suggested by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food. However, you should take this medicine at the same time every day for optimum results.
Q: Is Feburic 40 the same as febuxostat 40?
A: Yes, Feburic 40 contains febuxostat as its active ingredient, which belongs to the anti-gout class of medicine.
- URICOSTAT 40 / 80 [Internet]. India-pharma.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Febuxostat accord 80mg film-coated tablets - summary of product characteristics (Smpc) -(Emc) [Internet]. [7 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Gout | Arthritis | CDC [Internet]. Cdc.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.