Febutax 40mg Tablet
By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Febutax 40 tablet contains Febuxostat as its active ingredient, which is used to treat gout. It reduces the uric acid level in the body, which is responsible for gout and helps in relieving symptoms like redness, pain or swelling in joints. This medicine works against the enzyme responsible for the production of uric acid and relieves symptoms of gout such as severe pain and swelling of the joint. You should take the medicine as directed by the doctor and complete the entire course of this medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, even if you feel better. Otherwise, it may worsen the condition due to more crystallization of uric acid and which gets deposit in the joints. You should tell your doctor about all the other medicines you are taking before and any underlying medical condition before starting the treatment.
Uses of Febutax 40mg Tablet
- Febutax 40 tablet is used to treat chronic gout and other hyperuricemia conditions.
Contraindications of Febutax 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Febutax 40 tablet or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Febutax 40mg Tablet
- Joint pain
- Increased liver enzyme levels
- Hot flushes
- Serious skin reactions like blisters, shading of skin and rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Febutax 40mg Tablet
Can I take the Febutax 40 tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use this medicine during pregnancy due to limited information available on its safety. Take this medicine only if it is considered to be clearly essential.
Can I take the Febutax 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if this medication passes into breast milk. So it is advised to avoid breastfeeding while consuming this medicine. Consult your doctor for more details.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Febutax 40 tablet?
You should be careful while driving if you have consumed this medicine as it may cause dizziness, sleepiness and blurred vision.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
An excess intake of alcohol should be avoided when taking this medicine, as alcohol can elevate uric acid levels in the body.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from a liver or kidney problem.
- You have any kind of heart-related disorders.
- You are allergic to allopurinol (anti-gout medicine).
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You have a flare-up of gout. However, you should not stop the treatment.
Mode of Action of Febutax 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Gout is a condition that is induced by high levels of uric acid in the body. This medicine works by blocking the activity of the enzyme responsible for the synthesis of uric acid. Thus, it keeps the uric acid level low and relieves associated symptoms.
Directions for Use of Febutax 40mg Tablet
- Febutax 40 tablet is taken by mouth, with or without a meal as instructed by your physician.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than that recommended.
Interactions of Febutax 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking anticancer medicines like mercaptopurine, immunosuppressants like azathioprine, or antiasthmatic medicines like theophylline. Caution is advised if taken during the treatment with Febutax 40 tablet.read less
Interactions with food items
- Meat and beef are known to increase uric acid levels in the body and therefore should be avoided. Also, one should drink an ample amount of water.
Storage and disposal of Febutax 40mg Tablet
- This medicine should be stored at room temperature.
- It has to be kept away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Dosage of Febutax 40mg Tablet
An overdose of this medicine can result in dizziness, nausea, vomiting, rashes and headache. Consult your physician if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Febutax 40 tablet a pain reliever?
A: This medicine is not a pain reliever. Your physician might give you a pain reliever along with this medicine in the initial few months of treatment.
Q: How long will I take to get benefit from this medicine?
A: You may get gout attacks for the first few months even after using this medicine while your body removes extra uric acid from your body.
Q: Can I stop taking Febutax 40 tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by a doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine abruptly it may lead to crystallization of more uric acid that gets deposit in the joints. This cause pain, stiffness or swelling in the joints.
Q: How does the Febutax 40 tablet work?
A: Gout is basically a condition that develops due to an excess of uric acid leads to pain, stiffness or swelling in joints. Febutax 40 tablet blocks the activity of the enzyme that is responsible for the production of uric acid in the body. Therefore, helps in reducing the amount of uric acid.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 09 Mar 2021 | 11:39 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved