Faronem 200mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Faronem 200mg Tablet contains Faropenem as an active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the respiratory tract, urinary tract and skin infections. Faronem 200mg Tablet works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which is an outer layer protecting bacteria. The absence of a cell wall will result in the death of the bacterial cells. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and complete the given course, as stopping the treatment in between will result in treatment failure and recurrence of infection.
Uses of Faronem 200mg Tablet
- For the treatment of various bacterial infections like upper and lower respiratory infections
- To treat urinary tract infection and skin infections
Contraindications of Faronem 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to other antibiotics (beta-lactam) like Penicillin derivatives, Cephalosporins, Monobactams, Carbapenems.
Side effects of Faronem 200mg Tablet
- Diarrhoea, nausea or feeling sick
- Vomiting, stomach pain
- Rashes, sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Faronem 200mg Tablet
Can I take Faronem 200mg Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Faronem 200mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk. So, if you are breastfeeding, your doctor has to decide whether this medicine has to be used or not.
Can I drive if I have consumed Faronem 200mg Tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery but, if you experience side effects like dizziness, then you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Faronem 200mg Tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine, but it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics like Penicillin, Cephem, or Carbapenem.
- You have an inherent tendency for allergic reactions (also known as atopy), or you have kidney problems.
- You are not able to take diet orally, or you develop a sign of malnutrition or any sign of vitamin K deficiency (easy bleeding), the doctor might need you to monitor closely.
- You experience a persistent diarrhoea, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Faronem 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
It works by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis which is essential for bacterial growth. Hence, it helps in killing the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Faronem 200mg Tablet
- Take Faronem 200mg Tablet as instructed by your doctor
- Never stop the medicine on your own
Interactions of Faronem 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Faronem 200mg Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.read less
- Concomitant use of Imipenem and Cilastatin sodium along with Faronem 200mg Tablet should be avoided.
- When it is used along with Sodium Valproate to treat fits/epilepsy can cause reoccurrence of fits or epilepsy.
- If used along with water pills like Furosemide, it can cause adverse effects on the kidney.
Storage and disposal of Faronem 200mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in the original container, out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Faronem 200mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and you experience any adverse effects, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I miss my dose often?
A: It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
Q: For how long do I need to take Faronem 200mg Tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, then it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Is Faronem 200mg Tablet a better antibiotic than others?
A: Faronem 200mg Tablet belongs to the 'penem' class of antibiotics which is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections that are not responding to other regularly used antibiotics (multi-drug resistant infections). The advantage of Faronem 200mg Tablet is that it is available in tablet form and can be conveniently taken, compared to imipenem or meropenem, the other 'penems' which are needed to be taken as injections.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 04:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved