Merosure O 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Merosure O 200 MG Description
Merosure O tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the respiratory tract, urinary tract and skin infections. It contains faropenem as its acti
ve ingredient that works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which is an outer layer protecting bacteria. The absence of a cell wall will result in the death of the bacterial cells. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and complete the given course, as stopping the treatment in between will result in treatment failure and recurrence of infection.
|You Save||₹77.25 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Faropenem(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Merosure O 200 MG
- For the treatment of various bacterial infections like upper and lower respiratory infections.
- To treat urinary tract infections and skin infections.
Contraindications of Merosure O 200 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to other antibiotics (beta-lactam) like Penicillin derivatives, Cephalosporins, Monobactams, Carbapenems.
Side effects of Merosure O 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loose bowel movement
Precautions and Warnings of Merosure O 200 MG
Can I take the Merosure O tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Merosure O tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk. So, if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will decide whether this medicine has to be used or not.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Merosure O tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery but if you experience side effects like dizziness, then you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Merosure O tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine, but it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics like penicillin, cephem or carbapenem.
- You have an existing medical condition such as kidney disorder, etc. the doctor might decrease the dose.
- You have an inherent tendency for allergic reactions (also known as atopy) or you have kidney problems.
- You are not able to take a diet orally or develop a sign of malnutrition or any sign of vitamin K deficiency (easy bleeding), the doctor might need you to monitor closely.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Merosure O 200 MG
How Does It Work?
It works by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis which is essential for bacterial growth. Hence, it helps in killing the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Merosure O 200 MG
- Take Merosure O tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Merosure O 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Merosure O tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- Concomitant use of Imipenem and Cilastatin sodium along with Merosure O tablet should be avoided.
- When it is used along with Sodium Valproate to treat fits/epilepsy can cause reoccurrence of fits or epilepsy.
- If used along with water pills like Furosemide, it can cause adverse effects on the kidney.
Storage and disposal of Merosure O 200 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Merosure O 200 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and you experience any adverse effects, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I miss my dose often?
A: It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
Q: For how long do I need to take the Merosure O tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, then it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Is Merosure O tablet a better antibiotic than others?
A: Merosure O tablet belongs to the 'penem' class of antibiotics which is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections that are not responding to other regularly used antibiotics (multi-drug resistant infections). The advantage of the Merosure O tablet is that it is available in tablet form and can be conveniently taken, compared to imipenem or meropenem, the other 'penems' which are needed to be taken as injections.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed