Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet Description
Ezeepam Plus tablet belongs to a group of medicines known as Anxiolytics. It has a combination of two active ingredients, clonazepam and escitalopram. It is used to treat clinical depression, social
anxiety disorders and sleep problems. Depression and anxiety disorders present themselves as deep, strong feelings of worry, fear and indecisiveness in daily life activities. Clonazepam acts by regulating chemicals in the brain to reduce brain activity. Escitalopram acts by regulating serotonin (happy hormone) levels in the body, thus elevating the mood and improving behaviour and daily life. Ezeepam Plus tablet is an oral tablet to be taken with water with or without food. Care should be taken to take the doses every day at the same time. Ezeepam Plus tablet may cause side effects like nausea, dizziness, confusion and increased heart rate. Ezeepam Plus tablet is not prescribed for patients under 18. This medication carries the risk of habit formation over prolonged use. Therefore, regular monitoring of patients, especially those with a known history of substance abuse, is necessary.
|You Save||₹18.84 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Clinical depression, anxiety issues, panic disorder, some cases of sleep problems|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, confusion, convulsions, decreased urination, uncontrolled muscle movements|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
- Clinical depression
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
- Sleep disorders
Contraindications of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
- Ezeepam Plus tablet should not be given/given with caution in patients who have a
- Known allergy to clonazepam, escitalopram.
- Kidney damage
- Liver disease
- Heart ailments
- Sleep disorders
- Bleeding disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Patients below the age of 18 years
- Known history of substance abuse
Side effects of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
- Decreased urination
- Rapid heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergy after taking Ezeepam Plus tablet-like rashes, hives or swelling on the face.
- You want to increase/decrease the dose of the medication.
- You want to stop taking the Ezeepam Plus tablet.
Mode of Action of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
- Ezeepam Plus tablet is taken orally with water with/without food and as many times as prescribed by your doctor after evaluating your condition.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet in powder form.
- Care should be taken to take the medication at the same time every day.
- Do not change the dose without consultation with your physician. Do not stop this medication abruptly without consulting your physician, or you may experience withdrawal symptoms like vomiting, dizziness, confusion and uncontrolled muscle tremors if you suddenly stop the Ezeepam Plus tablet. ...
- It is not recommended for anyone below 18.
- Do not share the medication with anyone you know who has depression/ anxiety issues.
- Medical consultation is a must for this medication.
Interactions of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Ezeepam Plus tablet when taken along with:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (selegiline, isocarboxazid, moclobemide) can increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome causes shivering, muscle stiffness, rapid heart rate, and fever due to excess accumulation of serotonin in the body....
- Opioids like oxycodone can cause breathing difficulties, which can be fatal if not appropriately managed.
- NSAIDs like aspirin and anticoagulants like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding episodes.
- Sedatives/hypnotics can increase the risk of breathing problems.
- Cimetidine and Ezeepam Plus tablets may cause severe side effects like confusion, dizziness and fatigue.
- Rifampicin (anti-tuberculosis) can cause severe liver problems.
- Linezolid (antibiotic) can cause life-threatening serotonin syndrome.
Interactions with food items
- Ezeepam Plus tablet has no reported cases of adverse food reactions.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited while on therapy with Ezeepam Plus tablet as it can increase the severity of side effects like blurred vision, nausea and dizziness.
Storage and disposal of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
Dosage of Ezeepam Plus 10mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will the Ezeepam Plus tablet start working for me?
Q: Can I take coffee while on medication with the Ezeepam Plus tablet?
Q: Can Ezeepam Plus tablets increase blood pressure?
- Clonazepam: Bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient: case report. (2013). Reactions Weekly, 1440(1), 13–13.
- Escitalopram: Galactorrhoea: case report. (2014). Reactions Weekly, 1526(1), 60–60.
- Jenner, P., Pratt, J. A., & Marsden, C. D. (1986). Mechanism of action of clonazepam in myoclonus in relation to effects on GABA and 5-HT. Advances in Neurology, 43, 629–643.
- Rosa, T. F. da, Machado, C. de S., Serafin, M. B., Bottega, A., Coelho, S. S., Foletto, V. S., Rampelotto, R. F., Lorenzoni, V. V., Mainardi, A., & Hörner, R. (2021). Repurposing of escitalopram oxalate and clonazepam in combination with ciprofloxacin and sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim for treatment of multidrug-resistant microorganisms and evaluation of the cleavage capacity of plasmid DNA. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 67(8), 599–612.