Exermet 850mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Exermet 850mg Tab includes metformin as the primary ingredient, which belongs to the biguanide class of medicines.
Uses of Exermet 850mg Tab
The uses of Exermet 850mg Tab are to treat high blood sugar levels caused by Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Exermet 850mg Tab
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Severe respiratory disease
- Heart failure
Side effects of Exermet 850mg Tab
- A few common side effects of Exermet 850mg Tab include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache & mild diarrhoea
- A rare but serious side effect of the medicine is lactic acidosis
- Other side effects include abnormal liver function tests and hepatitis
Precautions and Warnings of Exermet 850mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy without consulting your doctor. Usually, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral blood glucose-lowering medicines.
Can I take the medicine when breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breastmilk, therefore, it should not be used when breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
When you are using the medicine, there are chances that your blood sugar level may fall and you may experience faintness, confusion & increased sweating. Be careful while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking this medicine as it lowers blood sugar level and increases the risk of lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience symptoms of vomiting, stomach ache, muscle cramps, difficulty in breathing, and reduced body temperature and heartbeat
- You have a condition that may be associated with dehydration such as severe vomiting, diarrhoea
Mode of Action of Exermet 850mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The medicine decreases the glucose production by the liver, thereby decreasing the intestinal absorption of glucose, and improves insulin sensitivity by increasing glucose uptake and utilization.
Directions for Use of Exermet 850mg Tab
- Swallow the entire tablet as a whole with water
- Do not chew or crush the tablet
Interactions of Exermet 850mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Steroid tablets, thyroid medications, birth control pills, niacin, phenothiazines
- Phenytoin, heart or blood pressure medicines
- Medicines to treat asthma, colds or allergies
Interactions with food items
Vitamin B12 absorption may reduce during long-term medicinal therapy.
Other general Interactions
- If you have to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium for an X-ray or scan, your physician will tell you to stop taking the medicine before or at the time of injection
- If you are on medicines that are used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID and COX-2 inhibitors, such as ibuprofen and celecoxib) long term, these can damage your kidneys. Use of such medicines in cases of diabetes should be avoided.read less
Storage and disposal of Exermet 850mg Tab
- Store Exermet 850mg Tab at room temperature
- Prevent it from exposure to excess of heat, moisture and direct light
- Keep it out of children's reach
- Do not use expired tablets
Dosage of Exermet 850mg Tab
Seek emergency medical help in case you suspect a Exermet 850mg Tab overdose as it may lead to lactic acidosis. Signs of lactic acidosis are vomiting, stomach ache, muscle cramps & difficulty in breathing.
Missed a Dose
If you forgot a dose take it when you remember, along with food. But, if it's time for your next dose, then take the scheduled dose. Do not try to compensate for the missed one by taking a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will the medicine lead to weight gain?
A: No, it will not.
Q: Can this medicine treat Type 1 diabetes?
A: This medicine does not treat type 1 diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes because it cannot produce insulin and, in these cases, blood glucose is controlled by insulin injections.
Q: How do I cope up with stomach-related side effects?
A: This medicine should be consumed along with food to reduce stomach or bowel-related side effects.
Q: When will I see results after using this medicine?
A: Improvement in your blood glucose control in should show 1-2 weeks. However, complete control may take up to 2-3 months.
Q: Is the medicine known as a euglycemic? what does it mean?
A: Yes, it called a euglycemic. It can restore your blood sugar to normal levels.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:08 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved