Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets Description
Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets is a pain and inflammation-reducing medicine. It is used to reduce pain, redness and swelling associated with joint conditions (such as arthritis, osteoarthritis) and gout.
It is also used in relieving muscle pain, post-operative pain, dental pain, etc. It contains etodolac, which belongs to the class of medicines called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Uses of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
- For the treatment of pain & inflammation in various conditions such as arthritis, osteoarthritis & gout
- To relieve post-operative pain, dental pain, muscle pain, etc.
Contraindications of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
Side effects of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart, kidney or liver problems
- You have a history of asthma or have difficulty in breathing
- You are on a medication for a long time
- You have fluid retention
- You notice any signs of GI bleeding
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children
Mode of Action of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
- Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, cancer or are taking blood thinners, antibiotics, steroids, aspirin and painkillers.
Storage and disposal of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
- Store Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight
- Keep away from children & pets
Dosage of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets a pain-relieving medicine?
Q: What is the composition of Etodonol Sr 600mg Tablets ?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Lodine 600 mg SR Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Lodine 600 mg SR Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]