By KADEN HEALTH CARE PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Esoday Capsules Description
Esoday Capsule is a medicine used to reduce acid in your stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers, acid reflux disease and to eradicate a bacteria called H.Pylori to reduce the risk of intesti
nal ulcers. It is also used for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Esoday Capsule contains esomeprazole as an active ingredient. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take the medicine at least one hour before food.
|You Save||₹9.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Ulcers, heartburn, GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Esomeprazole
Uses of Esoday Capsules
- Esoday Capsule is used to treat and prevent ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- It provides relief from heartburn, chest pain due to acid reflux disease like GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- It is used to treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a rare condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to the tumour.
- The medicine is used to treat ulcers due to excessive use of pain killers and antibiotics.
- It is used to eradicate the infection of a bacteria, H. Pylori, which if left untreated, causes ulcers.
Contraindications of Esoday Capsules
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or other ingredients of Esoday Capsule.
- If you are allergic to proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, rabeprazole.
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicine nelfinavir.
Side effects of Esoday Capsules
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Esoday Capsules
Can I take Esoday Capsule during pregnancy?
Esoday Capsule is used during pregnancy, if recommended by a doctor after assessing if the medicine is beneficial and will not have risk to the unborn baby.
Can I take Esoday Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if esopmeprazole passes into human milk, thus Esoday Capsule avoid while breastfeeding without consulting the doctor first.
Can I drive after consuming Esoday Capsule?
Esoday Capsule may cause dizziness and blurred vision. If you feel dizzy, avoid driving or operating heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Esoday Capsule?
Although there is no known interaction of Esoday Capsule with alcohol, drinking alcohol increases the acidity further and may worsen issues related to the digestive system. Alcohol must be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with the liver or kidneys.
- You are taking Esoday Capsule for long-term.
- You are taking anti-HIV medicines like atazanavir or nelfinavir.
- You have or had an allergic reaction after taking similar medicines in the past.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esoday Capsule.
- You have weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and notice blood in vomit.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and taking clarithromycin (an antibiotic).
- You have vitamin B12 deficiency.
- You have a skin disorder, (lupus or SLE), characterised by a rash on areas of skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency.
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using the medicine while going for a lab test (Chromogranin A).
- Esoday Capsule is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Esoday Capsules
How Does It Work?
Esomeprazole in Esoday Capsule works by inhibiting acid pumps present in the stomach cells also known as proton pumps and thereby reduces stomach acid production.
Directions for Use of Esoday Capsules
- Esoday Capsule must be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take at least an hour before the meals.
- Take the medicine at the same time for optimal result.
Interactions of Esoday Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Esoday Capsule works or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Inform the doctor regarding a planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
- Taking blood thinners, medicines to treat heart problems, mental health problems, fungal infections, fits, HIV infection, cancer, heartburn, tuberculosis, organ transplantation.
Storage and disposal of Esoday Capsules
- Store Esoday Capsule at a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Esoday Capsules
If you think you have taken too much of Esoday Capsule, contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Esoday Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Esoday Capsule?
A: The medicine is used to treat acid reflux disease, ulcers and conditions of increased acid production due to a tumour. It helps in relieving symptoms like heartburn, chest pain and acidity.
Q: Can Esoday Capsule be used in children?
A: No, Esoday Capsule is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age due to limited safety information.
Q: Can I take a Esoday Capsule after having food?
A: The medicine is recommended to take at least an hour before food. Follow the instructions given by the doctor.
- ESOMAC Tablets (Esomeprazole magnesium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed