Escitapax 10mg Tablets
Escitapax 10 MG Description
Escitapax Tablet is a prescription medication used to treat major depressive disorder (MDD) and panic disorder associated with or without agoraphobia (fear of crowded or open places). Treating the sy
mptoms of psychological stress and trauma that can trigger such mood disorders are the main uses of Escitapax tablets. Clinical depression and panic disorders are mood disorders that change how one processes information. They interfere with daily activities and reduce the quality of life. Escitapax tablets contain Escitalopram as their main ingredient. It is an antidepressant medicine. The mode of action of Escitapax tablets is by increasing a chemical substance in the brain, responsible for uplifting the mood, improving energy, and lowering nervousness. These tablets help control mood by reducing the abnormal activity of nerve cells in the brain. They also induce a calming effect and sedation. Directions for use of Escitapax tablets should be strictly followed. The dose and effectiveness of this tablet should be carefully checked, especially in older adults with liver and kidney illnesses. This medicine can cause physical dependency if used for a long duration. It is vital to inform the doctor of the complete medical history and current treatments; many medicines are known to interact with Escitapax tablets and cause adverse effects. Drowsiness, tiredness, nausea, and fatigue are a few common side effects of Escitapax tablets.
|You Save||₹11.14 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder with or without agoraphobia|
|Side effects||Nausea, Memory problems, Depression, Weight gain, Loss of appetite, Changes in sexual functioning|
Uses of Escitapax 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, the Escitapax tablet is used in:
- Treatment of symptoms associated with major depressive disorders (persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest in life)
- Management of mood disorders such as panic disorders (type of an anxiety disorder), with or without agoraphobia (fear of open and crowded places)
Contraindications of Escitapax 10 MG
- Do not take Escitapax tablets, or use caution:
- If you have a known hypersensitivity reaction to any of the components of Escitapax tablets.
- If you have a previous history of alcohol or substance abuse, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or nursing.
- If you are already using certain anti-anxiety medicines or sedatives; these can interfere with Escitapax tablets and cause adverse reactions.
- If you need to drive; this medicine can cause slow reflexes, impairing your driving ability.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma (an eye condition with increased fluid pressure).
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
Side effects of Escitapax 10 MG
- Side effects of Escitapax tablets include:
- Stomach issues
- Slow heart rate
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
Precautions and Warnings of Escitapax 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You notice persistent side effects.
- You are an older adult over 65; this medicine can cause increased side effects due to slow metabolism in this age group.
- You are a child under 18; there are not enough studies on this medicine’s safety in children.
- You have respiratory disease.
- You need to do a task that requires concentration; this medicine can affect focus and cause drowsiness.
- You use Ayurvedic or herbal medicines and vitamins or supplements; some of them can interact with Escitapax tablets.
Mode of Action of Escitapax 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Escitapax 10 MG
- Take Escitapax tablets in the exact dosage and at the same time every day.
- Do not increase the dosage, even if you cannot notice any effects.
- Take the Escitapax tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Try not to break or chew the tablets.
- Take Escitapax tablets before or after meals.
- Do not use Escitapax tablets with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Escitapax tablets, as this can lead to adverse withdrawal effects.
Interactions of Escitapax 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Escitapax tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all current medication to be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines are known to interact with Escitapax tablets....
- Do not use anti-anxiety, mood disorder medications, or antidepressants such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., with Escitapax tablets. They can increase serotonin levels and cause severe reactions due to serotonin toxicity....
- Avoid medication that causes drowsiness, such as antihistamines (cetirizine), cold and cough medicines, opiates/narcotic pain relievers (tramadol, codeine), and muscle relaxants with Escitapax tablets. They can cause extreme drowsiness....
- Antiepileptic medicines such as phenytoin or carbamazepine for seizure disorder can interfere with each other and exaggerate the side effects of Escitapax tablets.
- Do not use other antidepressants like sertraline and fluoxetine with Escitapax tablets. They can cause severe reactions like vomiting, dizziness, etc., due to increased serotonin levels, which can be life-threatening....
- Using Escitapax tablets in persons with bleeding issues or those who take aspirin and blood thinners such as warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice, as this fruit can worsen the side effects of Escitapax tablets.
- Avoid products with caffeine, as well as chocolates and desserts. These can increase serotonin levels and cause serotonin toxicity with severe side effects.
Storage and disposal of Escitapax 10 MG
Dosage of Escitapax 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to use Escitapax tablets on a long-term basis?
Q: Do Escitapax tablets cause sexual dysfunction in men or women?
Q: Is it possible to gain weight or have any appetite changes while using Escitapax tablets?
- Landy K. Escitalopram [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 Mar 2022] -
- Escitalopram [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine. 2021 [17 Mar 2022] -