Epilive 500mg Tablet
Epilive 500 MG Description
Epilive 500 tablet contains Levetiracetam as an active ingredient. It is an antiepileptic medicine used in the prevention and treatment of seizures known as fits. Take this medicine as per the prescr
ibed dosage and duration. You should not take this medicine if you have any known allergy to any of the components of this medicine. Before starting with Epilive 500 tablet, inform your doctor about all other medicines, you are consuming, including herbal and over-the-counter. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Also, if you feel any side effects or there is no improvement in your condition, then immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Epilive 500 MG
Contraindications of Epilive 500 MG
Side effects of Epilive 500 MG
- Itchy throat
- Blocked nose
- Stomach upset
- Rash, swelling, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Epilive 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your kidney
- You have any psychiatric illness
- You have abnormal or suicidal thoughts, aggression or irritation.
- You have problems with growth or puberty
Mode of Action of Epilive 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epilive 500 MG
- Take Epilive 500 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated, recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Epilive 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Epilive 500 tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations you are taking....
- Be cautious when Epilive 500 tablet is taken along with Methotrexate, a medicine used in cancer treatment.
- You should not take laxative medicines such as Macrogol one hour before and one hour after taking Epilive 500 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Epilive 500 MG
- Store Epilive 500 tablet at room temperature, protected from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Epilive 500 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Epilive 500 tablet may include sleepiness, anxiety, nervousness, aggression, decreased alertness, difficulty breathing and coma. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of this medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember it.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own, if I feel better?
Q: Is Epilive 500 tablet safe to use?
Q: How should I take Epilive 500?
Q: Is there any side effect of Epilive 500?
Q: What is Epilive used for?
Q: What are the contents present in Epilive 500?
- Levetiracetam- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- Levetiracetam- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- Levetiracetam [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]