Enzox Forte Tablet
Enzox Forte 220 MG Description
Enzox Forte Tablet is a replacement therapy for enzymes that are naturally produced by the pancreas. Certain disease conditions like excessive mucous production that blockages the pancreatic duct (cy
stic fibrosis), long term inflammation of the pancreas (chronic pancreatitis) and/or surgical removal of the pancreas leads to deficiency of the necessary pancreatic enzymes. Enzox Forte Tablets contain the enzymes derived from animal source (pork).This medicine helps in the digestion of sugars, fats and proteins in individuals who have defective/non-functional pancreas. It is advised to drink plenty of water when consuming this medicine. It is advised that you consult your doctor about your medical conditions before the use of this Tablet.
Uses of Enzox Forte 220 MG
Contraindications of Enzox Forte 220 MG
- If you are allergic to any constituent in the Tablet/animal origin product (contains pork).
- If you are suffering from a rare condition of narrowing of the digestive tract characterised by symptoms like abdominal pain, swelling, vomiting and constipation (fibrosis colonopathy) (Usually seen when patients with a hereditary disorder of the digestive system and lungs wherein the body produces mucous that blocks the lungs and pancreas (cystic fibrosis) are treated with a high dose of pancreatic enzymes)....
Side effects of Enzox Forte 220 MG
- Stomach pain
- Changes in blood sugar levels-increase (hyperglycaemia)/decrease (hypoglycaemia)
- Abnormal stools
Precautions and Warnings of Enzox Forte 220 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to products that are of animal origin (this Tablet contains pork).
- You are suffering from a rare condition wherein the digestive tract narrows and you may experience severe stomach pain, swelling, vomiting and constipation, which is generally seen in patients with treatment of cystic fibrosis....
- You have high levels of uric acid (gout).
- You are suffering from severe kidney disease.
- You experience an increased concentration of enzymes in the liver.
- You are taking folic acid supplements, as this medicine hinders the absorption of folic acid and iron in the body.
- You are diabetic and consuming medicines to maintain your blood sugar levels as this medicine may alter your blood sugar levels.
Mode of Action of Enzox Forte 220 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Enzox Forte 220 MG
Interactions of Enzox Forte 220 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid concomitant use with medicine, those are multivitamins or folic acid supplements as this medicine decreases the absorption of folic acid and iron.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Enzox Forte 220 MG
- Store the Enzox Forte Tablet at room temperature (15-25°C) away from light, heat and moisture.
- Store it in the original packaging.
Dosage of Enzox Forte 220 MG
- Overdose of the enzyme is associated with conditions like high uric acid levels in the blood (hyperuricemia) and urine (hyperuricosuria) and condition of narrowing of the digestive tract with severe stomach pain, nausea and vomiting in patients suffering from cystic fibrosis....
- If you think you have taken an overdose of Enzox Forte Tablet, it is recommended that you visit your doctor or nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Enzox Forte Tablet safe in children?
Q: When should I take Enzox Forte?
- Pancrealipse- NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- CREON® (pancrelipase) Delayed-Release Capsules | Official HCP Site [Internet]. Creon.com. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- Creon 10000 capsule- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]