Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection contains ferric carboxymaltose. It is used to treat iron deficiency anaemia (a condition in which your body has too little of the mineral iron, required to make haemoglobin) in adults. Iron is needed to produce the red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body. The injectable or parenteral form is advised when you could not tolerate or be successfully treated with iron supplements taken by mouth. It works by restoring iron storage in the body to make more red blood cells. It is given as an injection or infusion (saline drip) into a vein by your doctor or nurse. It may cause a temporary increase in blood pressure accompanied by facial redness, dizziness, and nausea and may disappear within 30 minutes. If you experience any adverse effect inform your doctor immediately.
Uses of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection is used to treat iron deficiency in adults when oral iron preparations are ineffective or cannot be used.
Contraindications of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
- If you are allergic to ferric carboxy maltose or any other component of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection.
- If you have a known serious allergy to other parenteral iron products.
- If you have anaemia not related to iron deficiency such as microcytic anaemia.
- If you have evidence of iron overload or disturbances in the utilisation of iron in the body.
Side effects of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
- Hypophosphatemia (decreased phosphate level)
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
Can I take Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection on human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed.
Can I take Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effects of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection on breastfeeding mother. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother, he may give you this medicine only if it is needed. Do not take any other medicine without talking to your doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection?
Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection does not alter the ability to drive. However, if you experience any undesirable adverse effect which disrupts the driving ability. Avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection?
There is limited data available about the effect of alcohol on Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection. Consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have decreased phosphate level.
- You have or had any liver or kidney disease.
- You have an infection or condition like asthma, skin infection.
- You have been advised by a doctor for any laboratory test and you are on parenteral iron.
- Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
How Does It Work?
Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection works by replenishing (fill up) iron stores so that the body can make more red blood cells.
Directions for Use of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
- Store Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C in the original package to protect from light.
- Use immediately after dilution or first opening of the medicinal product. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Encicarb 500mg Vial Of 10ml Injection
This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food supplements are rich in iron?
- Leafy green food such as spinach, kale along with Vitamin C rich food like oranges, red peppers, and strawberries may increase iron absorption.
- Red meat, poultry, and seafood.
- Beans such as kidney beans, chickpeas, soybeans, black beans.
- Nuts and seeds like pumpkin seeds, cashews, pistachio.
Q: What is the difference between infusion and injection?
A: The difference between infusion and injection is the duration of administration. Injections are given as a single shot and are often done within minutes. On the other hand, infusions can be given via saline drip or injecting slowly and can take between 30 minutes to several hours.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved