Eliptin 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Eliptin 20 MG Description
Eliptin Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It contains teneligliptin. The medicine is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The dose and duration of the medicine will be decided by th
e treating doctor. Take with or without food. Before initiating the treatment with the medicine you must let the doctor know about the complete medical history. Individuals with high blood sugar or diabetes are at risk of getting health complications like eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke if not controlled well. It is advisable along with taking the diabetes medications as prescribed by the doctor you must make certain lifestyle modifications. Regular exercise, following a low carb diet, avoid smoking, limit alcohol consumption and maintain a healthy weight. You must check your blood sugar levels.
|You Save||₹11.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Type II diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Low blood sugar, headache, constipation, diarrhoea|
- Tenitru 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.00₹ 83.30₹ 8.33/Tablet
- Tenepla 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 70.00₹ 7/Tablet
- Telniglip 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Rolissel10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 125.00₹ 106.25₹ 10.63/Tablet
- Tenlifine 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Healing Pharma India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 98.00₹ 9.8/Tablet
- Azneten 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Daylon Health Care Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.00₹ 90.95₹ 9.09/Tablet
- Tenlicret 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Converge Biotech Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.00₹ 39.95₹ 4/Tablet
- Tenamit 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 118.00₹ 100.30₹ 6.69/Tablet
- Zita Plus 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 232.00₹ 197.20₹ 13.15/Tablet
- Joten 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Jarun Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.00₹ 109.00₹ 10.9/Tablet
- Tenepride 20mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Micro Labs30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 374.00₹ 317.90₹ 10.6/Tablet
Uses of Eliptin 20 MG
Contraindications of Eliptin 20 MG
- If you are allergic to teneligliptin or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If the diabetes is uncontrolled and complications like ketosis (serious metabolism-related problem), diabetic coma or pre-coma develops.
- If you are undergoing surgery or suffer from a serious physical injury and insulin injection is used to control blood sugar.
Side effects of Eliptin 20 MG
- Low blood sugar
- Increased body temperature
Precautions and Warnings of Eliptin 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver and kidney disorders.
- You have a known history of pancreatitis or you develop pain in the stomach or back, stop the medicine and report to the hospital.
- You are malnourished, dieting, taking an irregular meal, doing vigorous muscle exercise and consuming too much alcohol, then you may experience low blood sugar.
- You have undergone surgery on the stomach or intestine.
- You suffer from heart problems like irregular heart rhythm and heart failure as it may increase the symptoms further.
- You are taking other medicines to treat diabetes like insulin and glimepiride, caution is needed as there is a fall in blood glucose.
Mode of Action of Eliptin 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- When we eat, glucose concentration increases in the body. In response to that small intestine increases the release of a chemical called incretins. These controls blood glucose. These are degraded by an enzyme called DPPP-4. Teneligliptin inhibits the action of DPP-4 enzymes and slows down the rapid degradation of incretins....
- It increases insulin synthesis by the pancreas and decreases glucagon levels which are a counter-hormone of insulin, decreases blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Eliptin 20 MG
Interactions of Eliptin 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes, medicines used to treat psychiatric illness, medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin) and other medicines used to treat high blood pressure. ...
- Medicines like steroids, adrenaline and medicines used for thyroid disorders like thyroxine if taken along increases blood sugar.
- Medicines used for the treatment of heart rhythm disorder must be used carefully while taking the medicine. Inform the doctor about the medicines, herbals, supplements you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction....
Storage and disposal of Eliptin 20 MG
- Store below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Eliptin 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What lifestyle modifications do I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- The disease cannot be cured completely. You have to control it by making few lifestyle modifications.
- Plan your diet, limit carbohydrate and sugar intake, exercise regularly and monitor the blood glucose regularly.
- Along with this take the anti-diabetic medication and at the same time for effective blood glucose control.