Elicia 8mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Elicia Tablet is an antipsychotic medication used to treat people suffering from mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder by modifying the balance of specific chemicals in the brain. It is used orally and comes in the form of pills. Sudden weight gain, increased glucose levels, increased blood cholesterol levels, and increased levels of other lipids in your blood, such as triglycerides, are all possible side effects of Elicia Tablet. Your medical history should be shared with your doctor. Tell your doctor about any other medical conditions you're experiencing, any medications you're taking (including herbal and over-the-counter), and any allergic reactions or hypersensitivity you've experienced. If you are a lactating woman, talk to your doctor before taking this medication....
|You Save||₹27.00 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Restlessness, Anxiety, Irritability, Drowsiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Blonanserin(8.0 Mg)
Uses of Elicia 8 MG
- According to CDSCO, Elicia Tablet is used in
- The treatment of Schizophrenia
- The treatment of Manic disorder
Contraindications of Elicia 8 MG
- If you are allergic to Blonanserin in the Elicia Tablet.
- If you are diagnosed with liver disorders.
- If you've had epilepsy or seizures.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have heart disease.
Side effects of Elicia 8 MG
- Inability to stay still
- Involuntary muscle contractions
- Urinary retention
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Elicia 8 MG
Can I take Elicia Tablet during pregnancy?
It's possible that taking an Elicia Tablet while pregnant is dangerous. Animal studies have revealed harmful effects on the foetus, but human research is sparse.
Can I take Elicia Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information on the use of Elicia Tablet while nursing. Please seek medical advice before taking the Elicia tablet.
Can I drive if I have taken Elicia Tablet?
You may feel dizziness or sleepiness with this medication. Do not drive or engage in any activity that needs concentration until you better understand how it affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Elicia Tablet?
Alcohol interaction with Elicia tablets states alcohol consumption is not safe with this medication. Doctors advise that patients taking this medication should not consume alcohol. The Elicia Tablet is an antipsychotic that might produce significant sleepiness when combined with alcohol. This can result in slips and falls. In addition, alcohol consumption can exacerbate mania, despair, and anxiety. Talk to your neuropsychiatrist about any concerns you have.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You must not give this medication to children. The efficacy of Elicia Tablet in children below 18 years of age is not known.
- You have a history of suicidal thoughts in the past.
- You must give Elicia Tablet to elderly or bedridden patients with caution.
- You have had pneumonia.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have heart disease.
- Your kidney functions are closely monitored if your renal functions are compromised.
Mode of Action of Elicia 8 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine is a second-generation antipsychotic. It binds to and inhibits the dopamine receptors. It also binds to the serotonin receptor, with high affinity. It has a poor affinity for other neurotransmitter receptors. Thus, causing dopaminergic and serotonergic neurotransmission to be reduced. It modulates chemical messengers serotonin and dopamine in the brain and reduces the symptoms....
Directions for Use of Elicia 8 MG
- Follow your doctor's recommendations regarding Elicia Tablet dosage.
- Carefully read all of the directions printed on the bottle.
- Elicia Tablet should be taken twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening, or as directed by your doctor.
- Elicia tablets can be taken with food or after food.
- Don't skip doses and finish the entire treatment even if you feel better.
- It is not a good idea to handle the pills with wet hands.
- Elicia Tablet pills should be taken at the same time each day. This ensures that your body receives a consistent dose.
- Take your medication with a glass of water and consume it as a whole.
Interactions of Elicia 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Benadryl syrup with Elicia tablet can exaggerate the sedative effects.
- Antihypertensive medications like atenolol & bisoprolol interact with Elicia Tablet can fluctuate cardiac functions. This interaction can be fatal.
- Parkinson's medication such as Levodopa interacts with Elicia Tablet causing significant interactions.
Storage and disposal of Elicia 8 MG
Keep this medicine in the packet or container it came in tightly closed. Keep it in its original container in a cool, dry area between 25 and 28 degrees Celsius. Follow the instructions on the Elicia Tablet package or label for storage. The unused medication must be disposed of carefully. It should not be flushed or thrown away. Make sure it doesn't go into the mouths of pets, youngsters, or other people....
Dosage of Elicia 8 MG
The overdose symptoms of Elicia Tablet include dystonia, sedation, sialorrhea, slurring of speech, or tremors. In case of overdose, immediately rush to the emergency centre near you.
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose of Elicia Tablet, make sure to obtain it as soon as possible. Skip the missed dosage of Elicia Tablet, return to the regular schedule if the dose is delayed and it's time for the next dose. Do not take two pills of Elicia Tablet to make up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Elicia Tablet make you sleepy?
A: Elicia Tablet is known to cause somnolence (sleepiness). Avoid driving and engaging in strenuous activity during therapy with Elicia tablets. If you have trouble sleeping while taking Elicia Tablet, you should consult your mental health consultant.
Q: Is Elicia Tablet a habit-forming medication?
A: Elicia Tablet is not addictive, but if you suddenly stop using it, you may experience unpleasant physical symptoms.
Q: How long does Elicia Tablet take to work?
A: Elicia Tablet, like many other medications, does not work immediately. After a few weeks of using this prescription, you may notice yourself as a more calm and relaxed person.
- Blonanserin: First report of hyponatraemia: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2018 [cited 2022 Mar 10];1526(1):33–33. Available from:
- Neiglobal.com. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from:
- PubChem. Blonanserin [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 10]. Available from
- Saruwatari J, Yasui-Furukori N, Inoue Y, Kaneko S. Effect of dose timing in relation to food intake on systemic exposure to blonanserin. Eur J Clin Pharmacol [Internet]. 2010 [cited 2022 Mar 10];66(9):899–902. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.