Elcy 5mg Tablets
Elcy 5mg Tablets Description
Elcy Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its active m
edicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Elcy Tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
Uses of Elcy 5mg Tablets
- Elcy Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Elcy 5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Elcy Tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Elcy 5mg Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Elcy 5mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Elcy 5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Elcy 5mg Tablets
- Take Elcy Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Elcy 5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Elcy Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Elcy Tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Elcy 5mg Tablets
- Store Elcy Tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Elcy 5mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Elcy Tablet to work?
Q: Does Elcy Tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: How long should I continue taking Elcy Tablet?
Q: Can I take Elcy Tablet along with paracetamol?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]