Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By USV PVT LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule is a combination of two medicines, containing Atorvastatin and Aspirin as its active ingredients. It is used to treat high cholesterol, especially when associated with the risk of heart problems like a heart attack or stroke. Avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant, have any bleeding disorders, or are allergic to this medicine. Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsules should be taken as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Stomach pain, diarrhoea, heartburn, indigestion, increased risk of bleeding are some side effects of this capsule. Contact your doctor immediately if the side effects persist or your condition worsens. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule is used to treat increased cholesterol, especially when associated with the risk of heart disease, heart attack or stroke.
Contraindications of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you have any allergic reaction to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule.
- If you have problems with your kidney or liver.
- If you have bleeding disorders.
- If you have gout.
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine.
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding. If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week).read less
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir.
Side effects of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Indigestion, heartburn
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe allergic reactions like swelling of your lips, face or body, fainting, difficulty in swallowing and wheezing (serious side effect)
- Reddening of the skin with high fever (serious side effect)
- Abnormal liver function and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule during pregnancy?
- Ecosprin AV 75 capsules should not be taken during pregnancy, as it can be unsafe.
- Women of childbearing age should discuss with your doctor the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby.
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment with this capsule and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of Ecosprin AV 75 capsule pass into breast milk. Do not take this medicine during breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule?
It is not expected that Ecosprin AV 75 capsules would affect your ability to drive. If you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecosprin AV 75 Capsule?
It would be best if you do not consume alcohol while taking Ecosprin AV 75 capsules as consuming alcohol may increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestines. If you have any liver problems or a history of liver disease, there are increased chances of further liver damage with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You experience muscle pain, cramps, weakness and fever after taking Ecosprin AV 75 capsule, immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine.
- You have diabetes, a regular blood glucose check-up is needed.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have breathing difficulty.
- You notice any unusual bleeding.
- You consume alcohol regularly and are addicted to it.
- You are suffering from any thyroid problems or gout.
- You are undergoing surgery or have had an operation recently.
- You notice black tarry stools or blood in vomit.
- You have asthma. This medicine can worsen your asthma.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine.
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take Ecosprin AV 75 capsule as it can increase the bleeding.
- You are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause a severe muscle injury.
Mode of Action of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule works by the combined action of both components - Atorvastatin and Aspirin.
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme. Therefore, lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL levels).read less
- Aspirin in low doses stops the platelets from forming a clot so that the blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries.
Directions for Use of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Ecosprin AV 75 capsules should be taken as directed by the physician. Swallow it as a whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Ecosprin AV 75 capsule contains Atorvastatin and Aspirin, any interactions that are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Do not take Ecosprin AV 75 capsules with hepatitis medicines like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir.
- Concomitant use of this capsule along with medicines used for thinning of the blood (e.g. Warfarin) can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Increased risk of muscle damage and serious side effects can occur if taken with Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Itraconazole, Tacrolimus and Ezetimibe.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or any heart problems like Amlodipine and Digoxin can increase the side effects of the Ecosprin AV 75 capsule when taken concomitantly.
- This medicine may interfere with medicines used for high BP like Ramipril and Lisinopril.
- Avoid the use of painkillers while taking this capsule as it can lead to stomach bleeding.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit juice while taking this capsule as grapefruit may alter the effect of Ecosprin AV 75 capsules.
Storage and disposal of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Store Ecosprin AV 75 capsules in a cool and dry place and away from light. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Symptoms of overdose include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits and low blood sugar.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ecosprin AV 75 capsules, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of Ecosprin AV 75 capsule, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule?
A: Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule contains a combination of two medicines - Atorvastatin and Aspirin and is used in treating increased cholesterol, especially when associated with the risk of heart diseases like a heart attack or stroke.
Q: Is Ecosprin 75 mg and Ecosprin AV 75 mg the same medicine?
A: No, they are not the same medicine. Ecosprin 75 mg tablet contains Aspirin, whereas Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule contains a combination of Aspirin and Atorvastatin.
Q: Can I discontinue Ecosprin AV 75 capsule on our own?
A: No, do not stop taking Ecosprin AV 75 capsule suddenly, as it could worsen your condition. Instead, consult your doctor and your doctor may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to follow while taking Ecosprin AV 75 capsules?
A: Patients should be placed on an appropriate lipid-lowering diet. You may include food items like fish (salmon, mackerel), vegetables (spinach, carrots, and potatoes), olive oil, beans, peas, lentils, soy foods, whole grains (oats, barley), nuts, avocados and fruits (apples, grapes, citrus fruits, and strawberries) in your diet.
Q: Is Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule addictive?
A: No, Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Any suggestion on how to not let my daily schedule interfere with taking Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule?
A: Try to take Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsules at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with daily activities such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. It may help you to remember. Keep a reminder or an alarm to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: While on treatment with Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule, are there any precautions that I need to follow?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, inform your doctor that you are on treatment with Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsule, as it contains Aspirin and excess of it can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: My husband and I are planning to have a baby and I am on treatment with Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsules. What are the precautions that I need to take?
A: Ecosprin AV 75 mg capsules should not be taken during or before conceiving. Use effective contraception to avoid pregnancy when on this medicine. If you are planning a pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor. Your doctor may change this medicine to a safer alternative.
Other Variants for
Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Last Updated on: 28 Oct 2020 | 06:33 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved