Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By SUN PHARMA
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aztor Asp Capsule is a combination of two medicine containing Atorvastatin and Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid), as the active ingredient. Atorvastatin in Aztor Asp Capsule decreases the level of bad cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and increases the level of good cholesterol (HDL) in the body, while Aspirin in this medicine decreases the formation of blood clots. Take this medicine with food or as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor. You should avoid consuming a high fat, fried and junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefit along with Aztor Asp Capsule.
Uses of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Aztor Asp Capsule is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol, especially when associated with the risk of heart disease, heart attack or stroke.
Contraindications of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you have any allergic reaction to Atorvastatin, Aspirin or any of the ingredient of Aztor Asp Capsule.
- If you have bleeding disorders.
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine.
- If you have gout.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week).
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir.
Side effects of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Indigestion, heartburn and nausea
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Breathing difficulty
- Abnormal liver function and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Aztor Asp Capsule during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take Aztor Asp Capsule as it is unsafe during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the fetus.
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Aztor Asp Capsule while breastfeeding?
Aztor Asp Capsule passes into breast milk. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aztor Asp Capsule?
Aztor Asp Capsule is unlikely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Aztor Asp Capsule?
It would be best if you do not take alcohol while taking Aztor Asp Capsule. Drinking alcohol may increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestines. If you have or had any liver disease, there are increased chances of further liver damage with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You experience muscle pain, cramps, weakness and fever after taking this medicine, immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine.
- You have breathing difficulty.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You are undergoing surgery or had an operation recently.
- You have any unusual bleeding.
- You notice black tarry stools or blood in vomit.
- You have asthma, this medicine can worsen your asthma.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine.
- you are suffering from gout.
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take this medicine as it can increase the bleeding.
- You are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have diabetes, a regular blood glucose check-up is needed.
Mode of Action of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme. Therefore, lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL levels).read less
- Aspirin in low doses stops the platelets from forming a clot so that the blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries.
Directions for Use of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Aztor Asp Capsule should be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit. It should not be broken, crushed or chewed. It is recommended to take it at night before going to bed.
Interactions of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Aztor Asp Capsule contains Atorvastatin and Aspirin. Any interactions that are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Never take Aztor Asp Capsule with hepatitis medicines like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir.
- Medicines used for thinning of the blood (e.g. Warfarin) can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Increased risk of muscle damage and serious side effects if taken with Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Itraconazole, Tacrolimus and Ezetimibe.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or any heart problems like Amlodipine and Digoxin can increase the side effects of Aztor Asp Capsule.
- Aztor Asp Capsule may interfere with medicines used for high blood pressure like Ramipril and Lisinopril.
- Avoid the use of painkillers as it can lead to stomach bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be limited in quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Aztor Asp Capsule.
Storage and disposal of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Aztor Asp Capsule at or below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Check expiry date before starting the treatment.
Dosage of Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Symptoms of overdose of Aztor Asp Capsule include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits and low blood sugar.read less
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Aztor Asp Capsule?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with daily activities such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. It may help you to remember. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking Aztor Asp Capsule?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, inform your doctor that you are on treatment with Aztor Asp Capsule, as it contains Aspirin and excess of it can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: I am on Aztor Asp Capsule and planning a pregnancy. What precautions do I need to take?
A: Aztor Asp Capsule should not be taken during or before conceiving. Use effective contraception to avoid pregnancy when on this medicine. If you are planning a pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor. Your doctor may change this medicine to a safer alternative.
Q: Is Aztor Asp Capsule safe?
A: Yes, Aztor Asp is safe when you take it as advised by your doctor for the stated duration. Taking more than the prescribed dose of this medicine cannot be harmful and increase associated side effects.
Q: What is Aztor Asp Capsule used for?
A: Aztor Asp Capsule is a combination of Atorvastatin and Aspirin. This medicine acts by lowering the levels of bad cholesterol in the body and increasing the levels of good cholesterol. It reduces the risk of clot formation within the blood vessels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹5.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg),Aspirin(acetylsalicylic Acid)(75.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Lipid lowering, anti-platelet|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, diarrhea, body pain|
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved