Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By USV PVT LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules is a combination of atorvastatin, clopidogrel and acetysalicylic acid. This combination is used prevent in heart disorders like heart attack and chest pain. Abnormal blood clot formation and high cholesterol are some of the important factors that contribute to the heart disorders. This medicine contains active components which prevent the abnormal blood clots and also reduce the cholesterol levels. It is not recommended for use in pregnant women and lactating mothers. It should be used with caution in elderly patients. Some common side effects include swelling in the nose, diarrhoea, muscle pain, joint pain and indigestion.
Uses of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- It is used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus preventing heart attack, stroke, severe chest pain.
- It is also used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood, when a low fat diet and life style changes did not work
Contraindications of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to similar medicines like other salicylates or nsaids
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney
- If you have any condition that causes bleeding like stroke, stomach ulcer
- If you had or have blood clotting problems
- If you have gout
- If you ever had a swelling in the body or an asthmatic attack after taking nsaids (medicines used for arthritis or rheumatism and pain)
- If you are taking methotrexate used to treat cancer or rheumatoid arthritis
- If you are taking a combination of glecaprevir and pibrentasvir for treatment of hepatitis C
- if you notice any unexplained abnormal blood tests for liver function
- If you are not using proper contraception methods
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding
Side effects of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- fever, nausea,
- runny nose or inflammation of nose.
- Pain in areas like stomach, joint, muscle, throat, neck
- Allergy reaction like rash and itching
- High blood sugar level,
- Abnormal liver function test
- Loss of appetite
- Sensation of tingling and numbness
Precautions and Warnings of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy as it may result in harmful effects to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 6 months. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk and could lead to side effects in the newborn baby. Hence this medicine should not be used during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules?
This medicine is not known to affect the driving ability. However, side effects like dizziness have been noticed while using this medicine. Hence it is recommended to avoid driving if you experience dizziness or unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may cause stomach and intestine bleeding and can also worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, stomach, intestines, liver or kidney
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure or gout
- You have stroke or risk of bleeding or are having heavy menstrual periods
- You have a history of muscle problems or had any problems with during treatment with other lipid-lowering medicines
- You have severe asthma
- You have an under-active thyroid gland
- You have taken fusidic acid used to treat bacterial infection
- You experience jaundice, fever, bruising, confusion, tiredness
- You have a surgery planned
- You consume alcohol in excess
- You are above 70 years of age
- This medicine should not be given to children below 16 years
Mode of Action of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Clopidogrel and acetylsalicylic acid work by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibit the blood clot formation. It helps in keeping blood flowing smoothly in your body. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and triglycerides and increasing good cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases, and preventing strokes and heart attacks.
Directions for Use of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Methotrexate used to treat cancer or other diseases, should not be used along with this medicine as it may be harmful
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with anticoagulants like warfarin, heparin is not recommended as it can increase the risk of bleeding and thus should be used cautiously.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with nsaids used to reduce pain like diclofenac, ibuprofen and medicines used to treat mental illness like sertraline, fluoxetine, medicines to treat diabetes like glipizide, glimepiride, as it can cause stomach and intestine bleeding and thus should be used cautiously.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine is not recommended along omeprazole, esomeprazole used to treat heartburn or probenecid used to treat gout.
- Concomitant use of atorvastatin along with medicines like fusidic acid and ezetimibe can damage the muscle tissue and thus your doctor may continuously monitor you. Atorvastatin should be discontinued throughout the fusidic acid treatment.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like ciclosporin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, ritonavir, indinavir should be avoided if possible as it may alter the effects.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with prednisone, cortisone used to treat respiratory diseases like asthma, COPD can cause stomach ulcer and bleeding
- Other medicines like abciximab, eptifibatide, propranolol, Metamizole, lithium, digoxin should be used cautiously
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice: You should avoid or not take more than one or two small glasses of grapefruit juice daily, as large quantities of grapefruit juice can alter the effects of Atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Excess of this medicine may lead to fever, more rapid breathing than normal, excess sweating, restlessness, fits, hallucinations, low blood sugar, coma, shock.
- Symptoms of overdose may include headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, ringing in ears, hearing problems, confusion.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to follow while taking Ecosprin Gold 10mg Strip Of 15 Capsules?
- Yes, your doctor may advise you a low-cholesterol diet, follow these directions carefully.
- EMA. SmPC. Atorvastatin. [Accessed on 23-Sep-2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Atorvastatin. [Accessed on 23-Sep-2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Clopidogrel. [Accessed on 23-Sep-2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Clopidogrel. [Accessed on 23-Sep-2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Aspirin. [Accessed on 23-Sep-2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Aspirin. [Accessed on 23-Sep-2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:36 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved