Omee D Strip Of 20 Capsules
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
20 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omee D Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine and is used to treat Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). THis medicine is used when it does not respond to omeprazole therapy alone. GERD is a condition
where acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Omee D Capsule contains a combination of domperidone and omeprazole. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take this medicine before at least 30mins before food.
|You Save||₹30.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Omeprazole(20.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhoea, dry mouth|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Omeprazole(20.0 Mg)
Uses of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
Omee D Capsule is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to omeprazole alone. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn, or acidity.
Contraindications of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to omeprazole, domperidone, any of the ingredients of Omee D Capsule.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called nelfinavir.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver disorder or impairment.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
Can I take Omee D Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of Omee D Capsule in pregnancy. Hence, this medicine should be used only prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Omee D Capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of Omee D Capsule pass in the breast milk in a small amount. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding, only if it is necessary. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother....
Can I drive if I have consumed Omee D Capsule?
Omee D Capsule is unlikely to affect ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness, visual disturbances after taking this medicine avoid driving or be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with Omee D Capsule?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Omee D Capsule. However, avoid consuming alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You are suffering from HIV infection.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection.
- You develop skin lesions after taking Omee D Capsule.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking any medicines.
- You have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have been taking Omee D Capsule for more than three months. Your doctor may perform regular tests for monitoring your blood magnesium levels.
- Taking this capsule for more than a year may weaken bones, on prolonged treatment consult with your doctor regularly.
- If you are on long term treatment withthis medicine, then your doctor may start you on calcium or vitamin B12 supplements.
Directions for Use of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
Omee D Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. ...
Storage and disposal of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
- Store Omee D Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
Symptoms of overdose are dizziness, nausea, headache, confusion, agitation, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, altered consciousness, disorientation, sleepiness and tremors. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Omee D Capsule, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Mode of Action of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Interactions of OMEE D STRIP OF 20 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Omee D Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Q: How to take Omee D Capsule?
A: Take Omee D Capsule as advised by your doctor. You should take this medicine with a glass of water, preferably 30 mins before meal.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed